Samsung Electronics America Inc., a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Corporation, the number one worldwide brand of professional Large Format LCD display products, will be highlighting its range of LED-backlit LCD screens and projectors at the Digital Signage Expo, taking place in the Central Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Feb. 23-25. Samsung will also be the title sponsor of the opening night 2010 APEX awards banquet, taking place at the Paris Hotel on Wednesday, February 24th.
“Samsung is the leader in LED backlight- technology for Large Format Displays and the Digital Signage Expo provides an excellent opportunity for end-users, integrators and creative agencies to see the real-life benefits of these products,” said Kevin Schroll, Product Manager of Commercial Display at Samsung Information Technology Division. “The changing business climate means that organizations need display solutions which not only offer superior image quality but also work in harmony with their environment. Samsung’s products offer just this.”
Range of solutions
Samsung is displaying a wide range of solutions at the Digital Signage Expo, demonstrating the versatility of its products and their ability to work in heavy use, high ambient light environments. . Samsung is the first manufacturer to make LED professional displays available. This represents a dramatic leap forward in digital signage, providing customers with true commercial solutions designed for 16/7 usage.
Products shown at its booth include the Samsung 460EXn and Samsung 550EXn 46 and 55 inch LED Large Format Displays and Samsung 650TS E-Board, along with Samsung PROM Camera with TruMedia Audience Measurement Software.
Eco-sensitive design and operation
Also spotlighted at the show will be the cost and environmental benefits of using Samsung’s LED-backlit LFDs for digital signage. The company’s products use a number of technology innovations to minimize their impact on the environment, throughout their lifecycle. By using LED as the light source instead of Cold Cathode Florescent Lamps (CCFLs), Samsung’s suite of digital display products use up to 57 percent less energy than was previously possible, cutting running costs and minimizing carbon emissions. Even at the end of their life, as the products are manufactured without the need for mercury, they are significantly easier and cleaner to dispose of and recycle than CCFL-based LCD screens.
The full product line-up at the Expo is…
- 460EXn 46 inch Professional LED LCD Display and 550EXn 55 inch Professional LED LCD Displays, each offering LED edge-lit backlight technology; full HD 1080p resolution with a 120Hz panel refresh fate; and a 40GB HDD embedded PC with MagicInfo software, all fit within an ultra-slim 1.6 inch deep chassis.
- 650TS 65 inch Professional LCD Touch Display, a 65 inch LCD touch screen classroom training solution with interactive whiteboard software, full HD 1080p resolution and a 120Hz panel refresh rate.
- 460UXn-2 and 460DXn-2 46 inch Professional LCD Displays, with full HD 1080 resolution and a 40GB HDD embedded PC with MagicInfo software. The displays are both designed for 24/7 operation and the 460UXn-2 incorporates a slim 12.5mm Bezel for videowall capabilities.
- 400CXn-2 40 inch Professional LCD HDTV, incorporating an Integrated tuner and embedded PC with MagicInfo software, with full HD 1080p Resolution
- 460UTn 46 inch Professional LCD Display, with an embedded PC with MagicInfo Software, is designed for 24/7 operation and contains an ultra-thin 6.7mm Stacked Bezel Width for Near Seamless Videowalls
- Samsung PROM Camera with TruMedia Audience Measurement Software, offers a real time advertising solution for real time results. It provides smart scheduling to schedule content based on viewers’ characteristics and has a detection range of up to 18ft with a 120-degree radius
The products will be on display at Booth 2400 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center during the Digital Signage Expo, Feb. 23-25, 2010 and available through Samsung resellers in March 2010.