Updates to Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
– Fixed prediction errors on the client when navigating
– Fixed bug where server sent updates slower than specified in cl_updaterate
– Fixed prediction errors when cl_updaterate is a large number
– People who turned off cl_smooth should re-enable it after this release.
– Fixed a rare crash in physics
– Option -heapsize now works correctly on machines with more than 4GB of memory
– Fixed exploit with demo recording clearing flashbang and smoke effects
– Fixed minor exploit allowing thirdperson even if cheats were disabled on the server
– Fixed bug allowing movement at run speeds while ducked Only a bug fix update this week and we still have their “weekly update” to look forward to, hopefully there will be some interesting news abou the the Lost Coast which is apparently nearing completion – it’s only one bloody level after all.
So the heapsize works with machines with more than 4gig of memory? Keep those WindowsXP x64 optimisations coming boys!