FileMaker, Inc. today announced the immediate availability of FileMaker Pro 11. Packed with new and innovative features led by charting, “on the fly” reporting, a new Quick Find capability, and a host of productivity tools for easier database creation, FileMaker Pro 11 makes using databases easier and quicker than ever.
For advanced FileMaker users and developers, FileMaker Pro 11 delivers many new features for creating professional solutions in record time.
Also available today with new features is the entire FileMaker 11 product line, which includes FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced, FileMaker Server 11 and FileMaker Server 11.
“FileMaker Pro 11 is designed for solving real-world business problems, such as the need for interpreting business data,” said Ryan Rosenberg, vice president, marketing and services, FileMaker, Inc. “With easy-to-use integrated charting, we bring dynamic visual reporting to FileMaker Pro 11 users. We also provide new tools to boost all users’ productivity, helping novice and expert users alike build, share and publish better databases.”
FileMaker Charts and reports
FileMaker Pro 11 offers a selection of dynamic professional-quality charts (pie, bar, area, and line), empowering users to visualize, evaluate and report on data within a new or existing layout. For example, users can add a pie chart tab within a FileMaker Pro layout to see their sales depicted graphically any way they chose – weekly, monthly, regionally and more. FileMaker Charts can also be published to the web using FileMaker Pro Instant Web Publishing. FileMaker Pro 11 users can now easily create “on the fly” Quick Reports in a familiar spreadsheet-like format to easily set up subtotals and totals similar to pivot tables in spreadsheets. A new streamlined Layout/Report Assistant guides users through the process of setting up reports with grouped data.
FileMaker Pro 11 provides a variety of new tools to help boost productivity and enable users to build and use databases more easily. New FileMaker Pro 11 productivity features include:
- Innovative Quick Find with iTunes style that searches across all fields within a layout
- Inspector, a master tool palette that controls layout objects and properties in one convenient place
- Object Badges to visually identify scripted fields in layouts with color-coded icons
- A new Invoices Starter Solution, one of more than 30 built-in solutions, designed to track product and customer details and create, manage and print customized invoices for every order
- In improved Quick Start Screen to help users create new databases, manage favorite files and find helpful resources
- Text highlighting to emphasize key words or numbers in fields
Pricing and availability
All FileMaker 11 products are immediately available. FileMaker Pro 11 is $299 /$179 upgrade (U.S. suggested list price) and FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced is $499/$299 upgrade (U.S. suggested list price). FileMaker Server 11 is $999/$599 upgrade (U.S. suggested list price) and FileMaker Server 11 Advanced is $2,999/$1,799 upgrade (U.S. suggested list price).