Today at FOSE 2010, Corel Corporation introduced Corel WordPerfect Office X5, the newest version of the world’s leading alternative to Microsoft Office. Delivering enhanced online collaboration tools, a new integrated email client and expanded file format support, the latest version of WordPerfect Office has been designed to offer users even greater flexibility in how they work, both online and offline.
"For more than 20 years, WordPerfect Office has earned the trust and loyalty of millions of users by providing essential tools and innovations that are designed specifically to address the evolving needs of our customers," said Jason Larock, Director of Product Management for Corel’s Office Productivity group. " With WordPerfect Office X5, we’ve expanded the scope of our suite, to provide customers with a unique solution that addresses the new requirements of an online-offline workflow while enhancing the formatting features and PDF tools that our users have come to rely on."
Offering exceptional value to new and existing users alike, WordPerfect Office X5 offers a complete suite of powerful office productivity applications, all from one trusted source. And with support for more than 60 file formats, including Microsoft Office files, WordPerfect Office X5 makes it easy for users to create and share files in whatever format they choose.
New Suite Offers Users More Collaboration Options and Increased Flexibility
The newest version of WordPerfect Office includes a number of established customer favorites along with new additions that reflect the evolving requirements of today’s users. WordPerfect Office X5 includes:
– A complete office suite comprised of WordPerfect X5 for word processing; Quattro Pro X5 for spreadsheets, charts and graphs; Presentations X5 for creating and presenting slideshows and demonstrations; and WordPerfect® Lightning™ for collecting and storing information for digital note taking
– Enhanced PDF Tools- The world’s first PDF office suite continues to offer users unrivaled flexibility when working with PDF documents, including PDF creation out of each application, opening PDFs in WordPerfect, creating archival and password protected PDFs
– Better integration with document management systems including Microsoft Office SharePoint
– New Web services integration – Now users can quickly and easily populate their documents with content pulled directly from a Web service or internal Enterprise system
– New Mozilla Thunderbird for WordPerfect Office – An integrated email client and calendar that offers a tabbed e-mail view and powerful search tools
– New Nuance PaperPort SE 12 – Users now have the ability to easily organize, annotate and share PDFs
– Expanded support for Microsoft Office’s latest XML formats, allowing users to open, edit and save in OOXML (docx, xlsx, pptx) formats
– New Reference Center – It is now easier to find answers, with guided tutorials for every part of the suite
– File Format Freedom – Compatibility with more than 60 file types, including Microsoft Office, enables users to focus on the content of their files, not the format. And enhanced compatibility with binary Microsoft Office formats ensures that file content displays better than ever before