New Release Delivers Enhanced Scalability, Performance and SOA Support for Mission-Critical Applications
- Oracle today announced Oracle Tuxedo 11g, the industry’s
#1 application server for mission critical C/C++ and COBOL applications.
- Organizations can re-host expensive mainframe
applications to run on Oracle Tuxedo 11g, an open, standard-based platform that
can deliver substantial cost savings while maintaining a quality of service
level comparable to an IBM mainframe system.
- Part of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, this SOA-ready
platform provides a standards-based, metadata-driven application development
model with support for C/C++, COBOL, Ruby and Python programming
- Monitoring tools, including a Web 2.0 based console,
provide users with unique insights into Oracle Tuxedo 11g applications. This
interactive console enables capacity planning and quick problem resolution.
- Oracle Tuxedo 11g can support the deployment of tens of
thousands of domains in an application grid architecture.
Reduce Downtime and Increase Scalability
- New products joining the Oracle Tuxedo 11g family:
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 11g for CICS and
Batch and Oracle Tuxedo Application Re-hosting Workbench 11g: Oracle Tuxedo
Application Runtime redefines the process of mainframe migration to open systems
by automating re-hosting. This helps reduce the time, cost and risk of migration
projects, thus improving ROI.
- New features in Oracle Tuxedo 11g include:
- Oracle Tuxedo JCA Adapter 11g: Enables Integration
with JCA compliant application servers.
- Oracle Service Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo (SALT)
- Provides a SCA programming model for mission-critical
Web services, thus enabling reduced time to market for new business
- Delivers WS-TX support, which enables transactional
integrity across Web services.
- Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor (TSAM)
11g: Enhances monitoring through a new Web 2.0 based, interactive console for
faster problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- “Global organizations need the best possible application
server for mission-critical C/C++ and COBOL applications to ensure uninterrupted
operation and service delivery in a cost effective way,” said Frank Xiong, vice
president of Software Development, Oracle. “With the new Tuxedo Application
Re-hosting and Runtime solution and increased support for SOA application
development and enhanced language support, Oracle Tuxedo 11g sets the standard
for scalability and performance, and provides customers with an industrial
strength alternative to mainframe systems.”
- "Oracle Tuxedo SALT 11g will provide Telecom Italia the
capability to expose services, when appropriate, from our GISP system running on
our Tuxedo-infrastructure. GISP is the Service Order Management system for
Telecom Italia mobile services, so one can easily understand how important and
strategic this system is for Telecom Italia,” said Gianfranco Ruggiero – ICT
Project Manager at Telecom Italia S.p.A.