Hooked In Motion has teamed up with Occipital, the creators of Red Laser, the #1 selling app on the iPhone/iPod App Store, to release iCollect Video Games, available for free on the iTunes App Store starting today. Utilizing UPC barcode scanning technology from Occipital, iCollect Video Games allows gamers to scan in their games using the barcode on the back of the case and obtain detailed information about each game. iCollect Video Games also features a detailed search feature, as well as wishlist and preorder features.
iCollect Video Games, a free iPhone/iPod/iPad application, supports barcodes worldwide from console systems like Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PSP, and more. Simply by scanning in a game they own or a game at a store, users can see details like never before. Each game record contains more information than most any other source, and includes details such as publisher, personal high score tracking, IGN rating, and pictures of the actual case that the UPC barcode belongs to. With the simple touch of a button, users can add the game to their collection and manage it from within the app.
The application features a number of unique features beyond just barcode scanning. Using the wishlist and preorder features, users can keep track of which games to buy in the future quickly and easily. They’ll also be able to easily switch between game types on their main catalog screen. Searching is in depth and allows users to see all games that they own made by a specific publisher, or all games they’ve never beaten, for example.
- Scan in your games via UPC using the built-in camera (requires in-app purchase after 10 scans).
- Manually type in the UPC.
- Manual entry with no barcode.
- Spiders Google and our own servers for cover art and information about a title.
- If no information is present, take your own picture and type in the details and add it to our server for others to use.
- Use a picture from anywhere on the web for your cover art.
- Use a picture from your Photo Library.
- IGN links
- Add it to your library. Sort by Wii, Playstation 3, or customize your filter bar right from the main screen.
- Tab badges allow you to quickly see how many games you own.
- Sift quickly through your catalog using the index.
- CoverFlow (requires in-app purchase)
- Library view
- Shake for random game
- Sort without The and A option.
- Loan your games out and keep track of who has what using your contacts list or custom entry.
- See games you’ve never beaten
- Entry for purchased value and date.
- Options for Publisher, Developer, Discs, High Score, Players, Ratings, and more!
- Customs which information is displayed in your game cells.
- Add a game to a wishlist if you know you want to buy it in the future.
- Email out your wishlists to family and friends for holidays and birthdays.
- Already ordered a game but don’t have it yet? Add it as a preorder. Add the release date as well.
- Incredible search capabilities. Browse through your library in a whole new way. Want to see all games you have that are made by EA Sports? Easy. Want to see all of your Japanese games only? Easy.
- Video tutorial for help.
- A LOT more!
"iCollect Video Games is the best app out there to manage your personal game collection" said Ethan C. Allen, Hooked In Motion’s founder and CEO. "The ability to pick up your device, sift through your games, and find the exact one to watch right from the couch is fantastic. And it’s free! But the real benefit is how easy it is to scan in your games into your iPhone, iPod, or iPad in the first place. Never before have you been able to keep track of a collection of items quite like this. And the kicker? It’s just a beautiful app that’s easy and fun to use."
- iPhone and iPod touch
- Requires iPhone OS 3.1 or later
- 0.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iCollect Video Games 1.0 is free and available exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.