Intego, the Mac security specialist, today announced the release of VirusBarrier X6 10.6.5, a free maintenance update to its acclaimed anti-malware and network protection tool. In addition to improving performance and reliability, VirusBarrier X6 now scans iPads for malware and malicious files. VirusBarrier X6 was the first anti-malware program to scan iPhones and iPod touches, and is now the first to scan the iPad.
In addition to iPad compatibility, VirusBarrier X6 adds the following features:
- A new option allows users to submit URLs that are flagged as web threats or phishing sites to Intego for analysis
- A contextual menu in the log allows users to add sites flagged as web threats or phishing sites to the Trusted Sites list
- A button in the web threat and phishing alerts allows users to add sites to the Trusted Sites list
- A button in the behavioral analysis alert allows users to trust an application
- An "Always require a password to access the interface" checkbox has been added to the advanced preferences.
- A new advanced scan option allows users to skip Boot Camp volumes during malware scans
- Minor bug corrections and performance enhancements
Pricing and Availability:
VirusBarrier X6 10.6.5 is available now. This version is a free upgrade for all users of VirusBarrier X6, and is available for download via NetUpdate, Intego’s automatic update tool.