Bitgate Mobile, LLC today is pleased to announce the latest release of Traveling Companion 3.4, its premiere navigation application for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad line of devices. Traveling Companion is used by all sorts of people: airline pilots, private pilots, hikers, bikers, paragliders, and has even been used to save lives in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Traveling Companion is an application for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad that is meant to be a companion to your navigation device, or map. One of the key features of Traveling Companion is the indication of your nearest address, thanks to Google’s Geolocation services. Traveling Companion provides an instant, easy to read and understand, configurable user interface, making full use of the available device hardware.
Full Feature Set:
- 12 different display themes
- 8/16 point compass directions
- GPS Location in several display styles: Long/Lat (raw), Degrees/Minutes/Seconds, and Nautical
- Nearest Street Address via Google Geolocation
- Magnetic Compass and True North Compass combined in one display
- Compass Bearing (indicates direction of travel)
- Display of total distance traveled
- Indication of last GPS signal update
- Real-time Mapping display mode
- Current altitude displayed in Meters, Feet, Miles, Yards, Furlongs, Cables, Nautical Miles, Nautical Leagues, Fathoms, Links, Poles, and Chains
- Current speed of travel in MPH, KPH, Yards/Hr, Knots, Meters/sec, Feet/sec, Yards/sec, and Mach.
- Configurable GPS accuracy
- Heads-up Display Mode (Mirrored display)
- Auto-lock display mode (prevents display from going to sleep)
Traveling Companion is available in English, Spanish, Italian, German, French, Chinese (Simple and Traditional), Korean, Japanese, Dutch, Russian, Greek, Finnish, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Czech, Danish, Estonian, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Malay, Norweigan, and Slovak.
Bitgate Mobile, LLC is working on a larger port of this same application to the iPad for WiFi and WiFi + 3G models. Look for this application on the App Store by the end of April.
- Active GPS hardware (iPod touch users – we recommend a Garmin GPS kit)
- iPhone 3G or Edge, iPod touch with a GPS kit, or iPad
- Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
- 0.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Traveling Companion 3.4 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category.