Independent software developer Reggie Ashworth today is pleased to announce AppDelete 3.1, an update to his very popular application deletion utility for Mac OS X. With a simple Drag & Drop, AppDelete will uninstall anything along with all of the associated items. Mac users will no longer have to hunt through their system to find and delete these items manually.
You can drag any item that can be uninstalled onto AppDelete: Applications, Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, Screensavers, etc. You can also activate AppDelete in many ways: dragging items onto main window, onto dock icon, selecting in menu, right-clicking using AppDelete workflow, and throwing items in the trash. When the preview screen appears you can uncheck any items you would like to exclude. You also have several choices: delete the items, log only the items, or archive (copy) the items to a .zip file for safekeeping or reinstall at a later date. The items you delete will be moved to the trash and arranged in a folder so that you can see exactly what was deleted and you know exactly where it came from. The items will not be removed from your computer until you empty them from your trash. You can also undo the last delete if you choose.
Version 3 has been rewritten and redesigned to take advantage of the latest technologies and to provide the best experience ever. And in Version 3.1 the following features are introduced: 64-bit support, 4 new languages (French, German, Italian, Swedish), new icon and "Hidden" mode, faster and more accurate searching, expanded Others panel, archive and delete without re-searching, select all/none for panels and more. Also, improvements have been made in stability and trash monitoring, as well as miscellaneous optimizations throughout.
- Deletes Apps, Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, Screensavers, or anything that can be uninstalled and their associated items
- Completely rewritten and redesigned from the ground up
- New searching methods for the most accurate results ever
- Can delete single or multiple items even inside of folders
- Reorganized window operation for ease of use
- Finds associated items that are visible, invisible, or hidden automatically
- Major improvements in processing speed
- Quick search panels to help choose items for deletion
- Orphans feature to find and remove "orphaned" files
- Archive and Install from Archive feature for safekeeping and transferring items to another Mac
- Sparkle updater to always have the latest version
- Password will be requested only once if needed instead of multiple requests
- Preference to protect Default apps
- All past features are included and improved
There are various options to make your AppDelete experience complete: Quick search panels to help choose items for deletion, Force Empty Trash, an Orphans feature to search and delete orphaned files, Install from Archive even for another Mac, various options in Preferences, and more. AppDelete is a must-have utility for software tinkerers or beta testers and the perfect companion to any Mac fanatic’s toolbox.
- U.S. English, French, German, Italian, and Swedish
- Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or later (Snow Leopard Compatible)
- Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
- 6.7 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
AppDelete 3.1 is only $7.99 (USD) for a single user license. Upgrades from previous versions are only $3.99 (USD).