At NAB 2010, Counterpoint Systems announces the immediate availability of Media Maestro 5.0, the latest version of its rights management and royalty processing software used by major studios and independent producers worldwide. Media Maestro 5.0 now includes new features for managing accounts receivables, forecasting future royalty payments, generating contracts and other legal documents, and calculating royalty payments for emerging new media and subscription markets. Counterpoint Systems will be showcasing Media Maestro 5.0 at NAB, booth N6221.
The development of Media Maestro 5.0 benefited from the direct, in-depth input of current users representing companies of all sizes and based in different parts of the globe. “This new version provides users with the tools they need to operate in today’s global media marketplace with its profusion of distribution channels,” said Counterpoint Systems Vice President Ben Clasper.
New features include a full sub-ledger that allows users to control how contract postings are created and integrated into the corporate ledger. It includes an accounts receivable module that provides a complete A/R picture of the business, comprising aged debtor analysis, invoicing and cash entry, and application.
Other enhancements include:
- A new royalty payment forecasting feature that allows users to generate “what if” scenarios based on projected revenues and costs.
- A new contract writing module that simplifies the production of long-form agreements and deal memos.
- Royalty calculation support for a new range of industry standards to address the growth of the new media and subscription markets.
- A new Library Manager with the ability to produce snapshots of owned titles.
- A new Releases function to create and track the release of titles across multiple territories and media.
“Media Maestro 5.0 includes scores of improvements and enhancements, large and small,” concluded Clasper. “Our user community is constantly driving the design of our applications to make their lives easier.”