Ever since Garmin introduced the world to the first iconic nuvi personal navigation device, the PND’s that have followed have maintained much of the same look and feel. That all changes today. Garmin, the global leader in satellite navigation, today announced the nuvi 3700 series, setting new standards for design, features and ease of use in personal navigation devices. Boasting a new ultra-thin, pocket-friendly design and large-screen, high-resolution glass display with capacitive touch panel, the nuvi 3700 series won the coveted Red Dot Design Award in the world’s largest and most renowned design competition.
“Personal navigation is entering a new era, and the nuvi 3700 series has the stunning design and seamlessly intuitive interface to lead the way,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin’s vice president of worldwide sales. “Our designers and engineers were challenged to rethink an industry icon, and the result is as pristine as it is practical.”
Internationally acclaimed design
At less than 9mm of overall thickness, the nuvi 3700 series is easily the thinnest portable navigator on the market – an irresistible design that begs to be turned on and shown off. The sleek new look made a big impact by winning the product design competition at this year’s Red Dot Design Awards in a field of more than 4,000 submissions from 57 countries.
Picture perfect in landscape or portrait
The award-winning design of nuvi 3790T, nuvi 3760T and nuvi 3750 continues with the easy-to-use 4.3” WVGA display with smooth glass capacitive touch panel that lets users see their preloaded maps and intuitive menus in landscape or portrait modes – ideal for use in the car or on foot.
Zoom, pinch, press and drag with Multi-touch
The new capacitive multi-touch display in the nuvi 3700 series allows users to zoom in and out (by double-tapping or “pinching” the map), browse surrounding areas on the map (dragging a finger), or change perspective from 2D to 3D and rotate the map 360 degrees (two-finger drag or twist). And to avoid inadvertent touches, the nuvi 3700 series features a simple screen lock, so you can tap the power button, slide nuvi into your pocket and go.
Garmin’s nu flagship: nuvi 3790T
With a customizable “wake-up phrase” to initiate voice-activated navigation, nuvi 3790T lets you tell it what to do and where to go while you keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.
And the road ahead never looked so realistic, thanks to the unprecedented details of 3D terrain and 3D buildings. Whether you’re heading for rolling hills or urban canyons, the shaded topography and realistic landmarks provide unrivaled context and enhanced situational awareness.
nuRoute with trafficTrends and myTrends
- Providing efficient routing and realistic arrival times, trafficTrends recommends routes using historical traffic data and recurring trends at any given time or day.
- Making your commute easier than ever, nuvi 3700 series remembers your frequent destinations and uses myTrends to predict your destination without you needing to activate a route, displaying your arrival time and best route based on relevant traffic information.
Smarter routing in your car and on foot
- For safer, stress-free travel, nuvi 3790T and nuvi 3760T feature free lifetime traffic alerts and Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling with a compatible phone.
- The entire nuvi 3700 series is preloaded with ecoRoute to help drivers with fuel-efficient navigation, helping to conserve both gas and money.
- Take the nuvi 3700 series with you and enjoy the new streamlined, pocket-friendly design even more through enhanced pedestrian mode with public transit options through cityXplorer content.
Innovations abound in nuvi 3700 series
- Voice prompts are clearer than ever because of a secondary speaker located on the powered suction cup mount, offering the highest sound quality in the nuvi lineup.
- Customizable wallpaper – view, crop and save images right on your nuvi.
- Lane assist with junction view helps you navigate with confidence while nuvi directs you to the preferred lane, with realistic images of upcoming complex junctions where available.
- Speed limit indicator displays speed limits for most major roads.
- Patented auto time zone allows nuvi to automatically adjust your time zone while navigating.
- Garmin Connect Photos will associate your favorite images with saved locations.
- "Where Am I?" feature lets you quickly tap the screen to find the closest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, nearest address, intersection and coordinates.