ESET, the leader in proactive threat detection, has announced ESET Mobile Security for consumers is now available for public beta testing.
ESET Mobile Security key features and benefits include:
- Multiple platform support – Protection for Windows Mobile and Symbian smartphones
- Heuristic Threat Detection – Provides real-time protection against known and emerging threats
- Anti-theft – Safeguards against unauthorized of your device or personal information
- SMS/MMS Anti-spam – Prevents cluttering of your mobile inbox with unwanted text and multimedia messages
- Firewall – Protects you as you surf the web
- Security Audit – Informs you whether your phone is set up in a secure way, to avoid being targeted for attacks
- Heuristics have been optimized for use on mobile platforms
- Infected files can be placed in a Quarantine folder, from which the user can then choose to restore or permanently delete them
- On-Demand scanning scans the entire device or specific folders
- Advanced On-Access scanning scans all created, used or incoming files
- Logs and statistics are in a more accessible format
- The user interface has been enhanced to promote ease of use with settings dialogs and an intuitive menu
Beta Considerations and Requirements
The beta test version is a precursor of the final product without full functionality and documentation. It is intended for experienced users and should not be installed on operating systems or devices that perform critical tasks because it may cause errors or crashes.
The ESET Mobile Security Public Beta 1 software runs on Symbian S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 or 2, Symbian S60 5th Edition and Windows Mobile versions 5.0, 6.0, 6.1 and 6.5.