Skyler Lehan has released Today’s History 1.0 for iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS devices. Today’s History will update the user daily about a historical event that happened that day. Today’s History will help the user learn about historical events without requiring them to read a book/biography on the matter.
Each day the user will be notified with a Push Notification to their device giving them a truncated description of an event that happened on the current date, years ago. Once they slide to view this event the application will open and the user will be presented with an image of the event. They can then tap the information button on the bottom left for a brief concise description of the event. They also have the option of selecting from Wikipedia to either get more information on the specific event or they can also go to Wikipedia to find more about other events that happened that day, years ago. If the user wants other to know about the event they have a myriad of sharing options to choose from.
- Push Notifications daily telling the user about the event
- Concise description of the event, without too much information
- Optional links to Wikipedia about the event
- Link to the current day in Wikipedia so the user can learn more about other events that happened that day.
- Sharing options through email, Facebook and Twitter
- iPhone OS 3.0
- iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS
- iPod touch Generations 1, 2 and 3
- 1.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Today’s History 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.