Oracle Buys Pre-paid Software Assets from eServGlobal.
- Oracle has agreed to acquire certain pre-paid assets of eServGlobal, a provider of advanced IT-based, pre-paid charging solutions for the communications industry.
- eServGlobal’s Universal Service Platform (USP), includes a pre-paid charging application, a network-services platform and a messaging gateway. The ChargingMax, NumberMax, uVOMS, MessageMax, PromoMax Express and Social Relationship Management software currently supports more than 25 tier-one customers including the world’s largest IT-based installation of pre-paid services.
- The combination of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management and the USP applications is expected to accelerate the shift from network- to IT-based pre-paid systems by providing the first convergent, open IT-based platform from a leading business software and hardware systems company.
- Customers are expected to benefit from traditional carrier-grade, pre-paid service authorization with IT-grade flexibility that supports any service or network, is easier to deploy and maintain and delivers an overall lower total cost of ownership.
- The transaction is expected to close in the second half of this year.
“The majority of mobile phone users worldwide use pre-paid plans, and that number is growing exponentially. Oracle Communications applications combined with the pre-paid software assets from eServGlobal will provide our customers with highly available and scalable carrier-grade, pre-paid software on an open, convergent platform. This will enable our customers to deliver traditional pre-paid voice services and easily introduce hybrid pre-paid and post-paid plans with targeted pricing, promotions and service bundles that include voice, data and network services,” said Liam Maxwell, vice president of products, Oracle Communications.