New Sun Ray Client and Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Release Offer Improved Performance, Flexibility and Security while Helping to Reduce Cost.
- Demonstrating its commitment to desktop virtualization, Oracle introduced Oracle’s Sun Ray 3 Plus Client, the latest addition to the Sun Ray Client family, and the latest release of Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure software.
- These products add to Oracle’s desktop virtualization portfolio, which also includes Oracle Secure Global Desktop and Oracle VM VirtualBox.
- Enhancements include support for Windows 7 virtual desktops, ENERGY STAR 5.0 rating, support for larger displays, and higher performance and security.
- With these new solutions, Oracle continues to deliver on the industry’s most complete desktop-to-data center virtualization portfolio; enabling customers to more efficiently utilize their full software and hardware stack.
Oracle’s Sun Ray 3 Plus Client Delivers Greater Energy Efficiency and Cost Savings As a Desktop PC Alternative:
- The Sun Ray Client family consists of zero-maintenance, low-cost devices for displaying server-hosted Windows, Linux and Oracle Solaris desktops.
- With no local operating system or storage, Sun Ray Clients are managed centrally, providing a secure, cost-effective, highly functional alternative to full desktop computers.
- The combination of Sun Ray software and Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure software, with the Sun Ray 3 Plus Client, offers a true remote desktop experience.
- The Sun Ray 3 Plus Client features:
1. ENERGY STAR 5.0 qualification — meeting stringent low power EPA requirements;
2. Support for larger displays — native support for up to two 30-inch displays with 2560 x 1600 resolution each enabling user productivity and efficiency;
3. Faster I/O — with Gigabit Ethernet (Copper or Fiber) and USB 2.0, enabling higher performance; and,
4. Higher security — native support for fiber optic networking via a Small Form Pluggable (SFP) connection module which provides a more secure environment than traditional copper ethernet and enables easy integration into a broader range of customer environments.
"Oracle is committed to helping customers leverage the power of virtualization, through the most complete and integrated virtualization portfolio — spanning desktop, server, storage and middleware,” said Wim Coekaerts, Senior Vice President, Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle. “With this comprehensive solution set, customers can improve their systems’ performance, security and access, while reducing energy consumption and lowering overall costs.”