Pro Softnet Corporation, a leader in the Storage-as-a-Service, Online Backup and
Storage market, today announced several updates to IDrive for WordPress.
"Our goal is to provide an effective online backup solution for every major
device and platform. We released the WordPress backup product last month and
received a very encouraging response from the WordPress community. We received
valuable feedback, and have been quick to implement improvements that users
suggested," says Raghu K., President and CEO of IDrive.com.
Basic Features include:
- Immediate backup of WordPress blog data, both files as well as MySQL data
dump, into your IDrive online backup account.
- Scheduled backups occur after 12 midnight every night.
- Immediate restore of backed up data from your IDrive online backup account.
- Only the first backup transfers entire WordPress content, subsequent backups
are incremental where only the modified data is backed up.
- Automatic notification via email on backup / restore status.
- Secure transfer of data to IDrive server using SSL.
- Detailed logging of backup / restore operations.
Enhancements now include:
- Windows restore of entire backed up data including MySQL dumps for blog
migration or resetting the blogs.
- Snapshots based complete restore that lets one restore data with a
historical reference, up to 10 days back.
- Better resource utilization (cpu and memory) when running in a shared
hosting environment, as often WordPress blogs are deployed as a shared
"The snapshots feature is especially useful to restore. If a user’s WordPress
blog is hacked or if there is corruption, snapshots lets you restore and
redeploy WordPress blogs," says Diganta D., Project lead for the IDrive for