Gilt Groupe today announced that it has launched a mobile application specifically for Android users.
The Gilt for Android App offers Android users the ability to browse and buy from Gilt sales directly from their phone. In addition, the app will allow for:
- A Closer Look at Sales: Through the use of pinch and zoom technology Android users have the ability to see products up close and flip between portrait and landscape views.
- Never miss a sale again: See start of sale notifications in the Android status bar.
- Get ahead of the curve: Browse upcoming sales and add favorite sales to the phone’s calendar.
- Invite Friends: Show friends the app’s Quick Response (QR) code to allow any friend with an Android-powered phone to scan and get the Gilt app. Or invite friends to join Gilt via email, Facebook, Twitter and more.
- Countdown to Sales Clock: Install the gilt sales clock widget on your home screen to know exactly when sales start.
"The Gilt for Android App was specifically designed for Android-powered devices," said Jag Bath, Vice President, Product Management, Gilt Groupe. "Android users can now shop Gilt sales, preview upcoming sales, and invite friends from anywhere via multiple messaging channels, including sharing the app via QR code. In addition, unique to Android devices is the Gilt widget, which is always viewable on the phone so that Android users can see today’s sales even if they don’t have the Gilt app open."
By taking advantage of the Android platform, users of the Gilt app can shop faster, browse from anywhere, holding the phone in any orientation, allowing them a whole new level of experiencing the sale.
The Gilt App for Android is available for free at http://www.gilt.com/apps/android and in Android Market.