Helps Customers Lower IT Costs and Boost Performance with Combination of Oracle Technologies.
- NaviSite, Inc., a premier provider of complex hosting, application management and managed cloud services for the enterprise market, is using a combination of Oracle’s Sun servers and Oracle software to run its mission-critical systems.
- With more than 1,500 customers in 10 datacenters across the US and UK, NaviSite needed to expand its virtualization platform to meet the growing infrastructure demands of its customers, while delivering industry-leading performance and availability.
- By deploying a combination of Oracle’s Sun SPARC Enterprise servers running Oracle Solaris and Oracle’s Sun Fire x86 clustered systems running Oracle Enterprise Linux, along with Oracle software, including Oracle Database and Oracle Real Application Clusters as its integrated and optimized technology platform, NaviSite provides its worldwide customers with highly reliable, scalable and cost-effective solutions.
- The company uses Sun SPARC Enterprise servers for applications requiring a high-level of performance, reliability and security.
- Oracle’s Sun x86 blade servers are ideal for virtualized application environments, delivering excellent performance and superior energy efficiency, while reducing datacenter costs and complexity.
- NaviSite also runs many of its internal systems, including Oracle E-Business Suite Financials and customer portal, on the same Oracle platform.
- With Oracle, NaviSite has improved the flexibility of its service offerings, decreased the time to provision the computing platform for managed applications and gained the ability to scale application environments as business grows.
- Using NaviSite’s managed application services, customers can reduce costs while delivering high service levels. Typically, customers benefit from at least a 20 percent cost reduction, higher application availability and 20 percent better application performance all while lowering IT costs – when compared to managing their applications internally or outsourcing to another provider.
- “This combination of Oracle technologies provides exceptional performance, scalability and reliability – and is the perfect platform for running our Oracle managed application services and our internal systems,” said Brady Reiter, General Manager, Enterprise Architecture and Application Strategy, NaviSite.
- “We look forward to our ongoing relationship with NaviSite as they continue to grow and expand their managed application service offerings,” said Cheryl Martin, senior director of marketing for Sun Systems, Oracle. “We are focused on providing companies like NaviSite with a portfolio of mission-critical systems that deliver high performance, simplified management and cost savings – while easily scaling to support future growth.”