Research In Motion (RIM) today launched the new gradient red BlackBerry Pearl 3G, the smallest BlackBerry smartphone yet, in Indonesia. Despite its impressively compact and elegant design, this stylish new handset is a powerful 3G BlackBerry smartphone with uncompromising performance and top-of-the-line features, including the industry-leading BlackBerry email, messaging and social networking capabilities that so many people love. The new smartphone is expected to be available from RIM authorised carriers and distribution partners in Indonesia at the end of August.
The new BlackBerry Pearl 3G smartphone is a marvel of engineering and design excellence. It’s as powerful as it is compact. Measuring 50mm wide and weighing only 93g, it still manages to pack in support for high-speed 3G (UMTS/HSDPA) networks, Wi-Fi (b/g/n) and GPS, along with a powerhouse processor that drives visually stunning images on the sharp, high-resolution display.
The new BlackBerry Pearl 3G smartphone features a 14-key traditional phone keyboard with SureType software that can complete words as the user types, making texting fast and accurate. It also features an optical trackpad for smooth navigation, dedicated volume and media keys for added convenience, a 3.2 MP camera with flash for quality pictures on the go, and support for up to 32 GB of personal content. In addition, with access to a range of popular social networking and instant messaging applications, the BlackBerry Pearl 3G lets you always bring your friends wherever you go.
“We are excited to introduce the smallest BlackBerry smartphone in Indonesia. It is an ideal choice for people want to stay in touch with their friends and family through messaging and social networking applications wherever they go,” said Gregory Wade, Managing Director for Southeast Asia, Research In Motion. “The new BlackBerry Pearl 3G provides a rich set of communications and multimedia features in an incredibly compact and sleek design, making it particularly attractive to customers who are looking to upgrade from a traditional cell phone to a powerful 3G handset.”
Key features of the new BlackBerry Pearl 3G smartphone include:
- Elegant candybar design with Gradient Red finish – measuring 108mm x 50 mm x 13.3 mm and weighing only 93 grams
- 624 Mhz processor with 256 MB Flash memory
- 360×400 sharp-resolution display (238 ppi)
- Optical trackpad that makes navigation fast and smooth, plus a comfortable keyboard that enables quick and accurate typing
- Media player for videos, pictures and music (music plays up to 30 hours), plus dedicated media keys integrated along top of the handset
- 3.2 MP camera with zoom, autofocus, flash and video recording
- Built-in GPS for location-based applications
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) – first BlackBerry smartphone to support ‘n’
- microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 32 GB cards
- Premium phone features, including voice activated dialing, speakerphone and Bluetooth (2.1) with support for hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits (including systems that support the Bluetooth Message Access Profile standard) and other Bluetooth accessories
- Access to BlackBerry App World, featuring a broad and growing catalog of mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones
- Support for BlackBerry Media Sync for easily syncing photos as well as iTunes and Windows Media Player music with the smartphone
- BlackBerry OS 5
- Support for tri-band UMTS/HSDPA and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM networks
- Removable, rechargeable 1150 mAhr battery that provides approximately 5.5 hours of talk time on 3G networks