– Reduces time taken to refresh data from data warehouse from half a day to an hour
– Speeds up collation and cleansing of data for better sales decisions
– Sales reports are generated in as little as minutes as compared to hours previously
- Shoppers Stop, a leader in the Indian retail sector and one of the pioneers of large format department stores chain, has deployed Oracle Data Integrator Enterprise Edition as a part of its enterprise data warehouse to enhance its performance capabilities.
- With Oracle Data Integrator, Shoppers Stop is able to reduce the time taken to refresh data to its data warehouse from half a day to one hour, which ensures managers receive timely sales, inventory and loyalty data.
- It helps the team load data in increments from multiple disparate systems into the data warehouse overnight, cleanse the data, and make it available to associates the next morning.
- In addition, they are able to better analyze which products are selling through its 30 stores in 13 cities, and also analyze customer-buying behaviour so they can maintain optimum inventory levels.
- With Oracle Data Integrator, the company’s sales teams are able to complete standard reports in minutes as compared to an hour with the previous technology platform. It has also helped improve Shopper’s Stop’s customer loyalty program, ‘First Citizen’, that reaches out to nearly 1.7 million members.
- “In a competitive landscape and growing segment such as retail, it is prudent to drive business enablement with technology to improve customer satisfaction‘, said Arun Gupta, Customer Care Associate & Group Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Shoppers Stop Limited. “IT helps optimise business and reduce operational IT budgets and Oracle has been a key component in helping us in our quest towards delivering value to business”.
- “Oracle Data Integrator provided our managers with access to timely and accurate data. This helped them to better analyze the sales performance of their stores and develop marketing programs that target different customer segments,” said Avanoor Krishnakumar, Customer Care Associate & Deputy General Manager, Solutions and Technology Team, Shoppers Stop. “The deployment has ensured superior capabilities in real time data movement, data transformations and higher data quality along with improved business intelligence by ensuring scalability, maximum performance and reduced total cost of ownership”.
- “We are proud to partner with Shoppers Stop on their growth journey. The deployment of Oracle Data Integrator has enabled Shoppers Stop to quickly integrate vast amounts of data from disparate systems while reducing costs and improving efficiencies”, said Shailender Kumar, Vice President, Fusion Middleware, Oracle India. “We realize managing information is the key in a highly competitive sector such as retail and Oracle Data Integrator Enterprise Edition offers an extensible architecture that meets present and future business integration and expansion needs.”