New Features Provide Broader Support for Oracle Fusion Middleware Components and Eclipse 3.6.
- Further enabling developers to easily build, test and optimize Java applications, Oracle announced the latest release of Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 11g.
- This release extends support for other Oracle Fusion Middleware components including Oracle WebLogic Server administration capabilities, Oracle GlassFish Server and Oracle Coherence.
- Additionally, this release supports Eclipse 3.6 and essential Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) tools.
- A component of Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse is a free set of Eclipse-based plug-ins that enables developers to build Java EE and Web Services applications for the Oracle Fusion Middleware platform where Eclipse is the preferred Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
Enhanced Tool Set for Java Application Development:
Key features in Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 11g (18.104.22.168):
- Support for Eclipse 3.6 – allows users to develop on the latest Eclipse platform and leverage new Java EE 6 tools including JSF 2.0 tools, which simplify project configuration and support XHTML editing, facelets, and composite component development; support for other new Java EE 6 standards like Servlet 3.0, EJB 3.1, and JPA 2.0.
- Oracle Coherence tools – enable Eclipse users to develop, run, and debug against Oracle Coherence. Tools include Oracle Coherence launch configurations, which help streamline debugging and deployment to Oracle Coherence from within Eclipse; Oracle Coherence project facet, to enable project and library configuration; Oracle Coherence override descriptor editor with wizards, validation and integrated help for the Coherence Override configuration file.
- WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) features – bring new Oracle WebLogic Server administration support to Eclipse
- Oracle WebLogic Server JDBC deployment descriptor editor – provides a graphical editor for JDBC DataSource configuration that includes wizards, schema validation, and integrated context sensitive help.
- Oracle WebLogic Server Web Services annotations editor – offers configuration and data binding wizards for JAXWS annotations editing for regularly used JAXWS properties.
- Oracle GlassFish Server Tools – provide full server support for Oracle GlassFish Server, enabling server configuration, deployment, and debugging for Eclipse projects.
"The latest release of Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 11g continues to provide Java developers with new tooling that can enhance their productivity,” said Ted Farrell, chief architect and senior vice president Tools and Middleware, Oracle. “With support for Eclipse 3.6 and broader support for key Oracle Fusion Middleware components, Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 11g R1 enables developers to deliver more value with even greater ease.”