The battle for CYBERTRON continues as Activision Publishing, Inc. announced today that the Transformers(TM): War for Cybertron Map and Characters Pack 2 is available now for download on the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system. Based on Hasbro’s iconic TRANSFORMERS brand, the downloadable content pack will include two new, distinct playable TRANSFORMERS characters and five all-new maps for online multiplayer game modes.
The new playable TRANSFORMERS characters joining the roster will include ZETA PRIME and DEAD END. Players will have access to both characters in the game’s heart-pounding, four-player co-op Escalation mode, and will be able to select their chassis to create their own TRANSFORMERS character in the traditional competitive multiplayer modes.
In addition, five brand new multiplayer maps will extend the diverse array of battlefields on which players can wage war with their friends.
Two new Escalation mode maps include:
- Pulse is an AUTOBOT map and allows players to take a journey inside the DECEPTICON giant TRYPTICON, challenging fans to explore his twisted interior corridors to overload the central power core located within.
- Static is a DECEPTICON map that thrusts players into a bevy of multi-level rooms riddled with environmental traps that can be used for their advantage.
Three new competitive multiplayer maps include:
- Horizon is a picturesque statuary overlooking the war-torn AUTOBOT home city of Iacon, complete with wide open courtyards and tight spaces for close quarters combat.
- Sector is an old maintenance facility used by the DECEPTICONS during the legendary war and allows for open vehicle navigation, especially dive-bombing jets and those with long range weapons.
- Metropolis is set high above the clouds and drops players straight into the bombed out ruins of a high rise Iacon city building. Liquid energon drips from broken pipes and sparking electricity crackles from severed wires as it was once served as a fierce central battleground on Cybertron.
The Transformers: War for Cybertron Map and Characters Pack 2 is currently available on Xbox LIVE(R) Marketplace for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 800 Microsoft Points and in the PlayStation(R)Store for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system for $9.99.
Transformers: War for Cybertron is rated "T" (Teen – Violence) by the ESRB. For more information on the game, visit www.TransformersGame.com.