Easily Create, Review and Share Compelling Documents with Greater Productivity Across Organizations.
Adobe Systems Incorporated today introduced the Adobe Acrobat X software family – Acrobat X, Reader X, the Acrobat X Suite and new document exchange services at Acrobat.com – that empowers professionals to innovate and create higher quality content, driving tighter collaboration and productivity across teams in today’s dynamic business environments.
“Companies today need to work with their customers and partners in multiple time zones, languages and cross-functional teams,” said Melissa Webster, analyst, IDC. “Seamless, fluid content creation and collaboration is critical to how organizations use, repurpose and share information – it is no longer a ‘nice to have’ – it is an imperative to success in today’s business world.”
Acrobat X delivers new guided Actions to simplify multi-step document preparation and publishing processes; completely new customization capabilities in PDF Portfolios unify multiple file types into a compelling presentation. New document services available at Acrobat.com give individuals the ability to collaborate more efficiently. Integration with Microsoft SharePoint enables consistency of PDF documents across the enterprise; re-use of content is now easier with higher quality export to Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
New Acrobat X Highlighted Features:
- Automate routine, multi-step tasks with new guided Actions and easily share them with coworkers and collaborators, reducing the burden of training.
- Change how users view, think and interact with content and its context with PDF Portfolios using new layouts, visual themes and color palettes.
- Maximize the power of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat to easily create dynamic communications with the new Acrobat X Suite. Quickly capture, edit and combine digital content right from the desktop.
- Increase productivity across the organization with new Microsoft SharePoint integration. Check-in, check-out PDF files for reviewing and editing shared documents.
- Streamline the process for large organizations to deploy, configure and manage updates and conform to ISO standards, in both Adobe Reader X and Acrobat X, including support for Microsoft SCCM and SCUP.
- Display the most commonly used tools all in one pane with the updated user interface.
New in Adobe Reader X:
- Commenting is now available in Adobe Reader X, with Sticky Notes and Highlighter tools available to all users.
- Expands PDF access to mobile devices with free Adobe Reader X for Android, Windows Phone 7 and Blackberry Tablet OS.
- Safer viewing of PDF files with new Protected Mode security capabilities in Reader X.
New Services via Acrobat.com:
- Adobe SendNow, a valuable new document exchange service at Acrobat.com, enables users to send and receive large files and track them with proof of receipt, avoiding e-mail gateway issues, complicated FTP servers, or the costs of expensive overnight mail.
- Adobe CreatePDF for easily converting files to professional PDF documents from within Adobe Reader X or any Web browser.