Password Management and Automated Patch Management services are
designed to help protect communications system users from outside
The Motorola Solutions business of Motorola, Inc. today introduced two
Service Automation solutions for ASTRO 25 radio systems that are
designed to efficiently and cost-effectively provide better security for
- Service Automation is a means to reduce cycle time and costs
associated with the required staging, maintenance and upgrade phases of a
communication system’s lifecycle.
- Seamless Password Management uses encryption and Motorola’s secure
Service Automation infrastructure to periodically change passwords
throughout the system for compliancy and security purposes.
- It provides a more secure system with less risk by mitigating
threats that are associated with some static passwords and accelerates
system troubleshooting and resolution by preventing equipment lockout
due to misplaced, forgotten, or expired credentials.
- Solution seamlessly delivers central password management,
consisting of credential storage, change control, and tracking, while
also providing a single point of contact through the Motorola System
Support Center for system password needs.
- Automated Patch Management automatically delivers required software
patches and updates at regular intervals to increase security
throughout network components and help ensure continuity of operations
across the entire network.
- The automated approach helps improve operational efficiency,
minimizes risks of attacks, allows better use of technical resources,
and reduces total cost of ownership.
- The patch solution also enables remote fixes and helps improve
network stability and uptime, resulting in higher service levels and
- Both services can help customers adhere to government Information Assurance requirements and compliance mandates.
Password Management and Automated Patch Management are among the
Motorola Next Generation Public Safety solutions being featured in
Motorola Booth #2947 at the International Association of Chiefs of
Police Conference through Oct. 26 in Orlando.
Tony Marshall, vice president, Systems Integration and Services, Motorola Solutions:
“Next-generation public safety networks demand more complex solutions.
Maintaining a secure ASTRO 25 network and complying with strict
Information Assurance requirements can be a challenge for public safety
customers who need to mitigate the risk of threats and vulnerabilities
to maintain effective control of their system operations. Motorola’s
Password Management and Automated Patch Management services ensure the
security and reliability of customers’ networks. They also lower the
costs of planning, designing, deploying, integrating, securing,
maintaining and managing their networks.”