- Oracle today unveiled the SPARC Supercluster based on SPARC T3 and M5000 servers.
- Oracle’s SPARC Supercluster is a complete infrastructure solution for running Oracle database RAC environments. Based upon the architecture used in Oracle’s new TPC-C world record, the SPARC Supercluster solution utilizes new SPARC servers, FlashFire, InfiniBand QDR, Oracle Solaris, and the ZFS Storage Appliance.
- Available in the next calendar year, the Oracle SPARC Supercluster will be available in T3-2, T3-4 and M5000-based configurations.
- Specifically, all three SPARC Supercluster configurations include SPARC T3 or M5000 servers, Sun ZFS Storage 7420 servers, and Sun Network ZFS InfiniBand Gateway Switches.
- With the addition of the SPARC Supercluster, Oracle continues to set the standard for database systems, maximizing customer value with leading database performance in a complete and tested package.
“The SPARC Supercluster is a new family of general purpose machines that includes software, servers, networking and storage,” said Oracle CEO, Larry Ellison. “The combination of Oracle’s world-class software, and the latest hardware innovations represented by the new SPARC T3-based servers, runs Oracle database faster than anything ever before.”