Apparel Retailer Selects Oracle Retail and the Oracle Exadata Database Machine to Underpin International Growth Strategy for its Brands Including Uniqlo
- As part of its strategic relationship with Oracle, Fast Retailing has selected the Oracle Retail Merchandising System suite of applications and the Oracle Exadata Database Machine to support its international expansion strategy and future growth objectives.
- Deploying Oracle will help Fast Retailing to create a complete, open and integrated IT infrastructure across all of the leading apparel retailer’s operations including its mainstay Uniqlo, Theory, Comptoir des Cotonniers, Princesse Tam.Tam and g.u.
- Fast Retailing became an Oracle customer in 2003, to provide support for its rapidly growing domestic and international business model created through organic growth and a progressive mergers and acquisitions strategy.
- The decision to upgrade Oracle Retail aims to deliver a standardized retail platform and associated process functionality, enabling Fast Retailing to centrally manage the demands of its global business of 2,200 stores.
- Oracle Retail Merchandising System, Oracle Retail Invoice Matching, Oracle Retail Sales Audit, Oracle Retail Price Management, Oracle Active Retail Intelligence, Oracle Retail Data Warehouse and Oracle Retail Allocation will help to coordinate merchandise operations and maintain consistent and accurate data across the business.
- Fast Retailing selected Oracle Retail to run on the Oracle Exadata Database Machine to help drive faster performance, lower operating costs, reduce risk and speed time to value.
- “Fast Retailing requires a world-class retail platform to achieve our business requirements for strategic growth and we are pleased to extend our relationship with Oracle to support this next critical step,” said Makoto Toyoda, Global Officer for IT & Logistics, Fast Retailing. “We have found a proven partner in Oracle that will help us to drive significant value from our systems and ultimately help us to deliver our business and customer initiatives.”
- “We remain committed to supporting Fast Retailing as it strengthens its competitive position in the dynamic and challenging international fashion sector,” said Craig Law, Vice President, Japan & Asia Pacific, Oracle Retail. “The Oracle Retail offering will help Fast Retailing to make insightful business decisions that benefit the entire organisation and promote long-term growth.”