UK Retailer to Rely on Oracle to Support Long-Term Business Strategy and Customer Service Initiatives
- Shop Direct Group, the UK’s leading online and home shopping retailer, has selected Oracle and Oracle Retail applications and technology as part of a strategic e-commerce growth initiative.
- A non-store multi-channel retailer, Shop Direct Group operates eleven brands including Littlewoods, Very.co.uk and Woolworths.co.uk.
- From 18% in 2005, online sales grew 19% in the last financial year and now represent approximately 70% of all units sold, leading Shop Direct Group to identify the need for a flexible core retail platform to support the changing demands of its business.
- In response, Shop Direct Group has selected an extensive Oracle footprint comprising Oracle Retail merchandising and planning applications; Oracle Applications including the Oracle Product Hub and Oracle Application Integration Architecture; Oracle Database; and Oracle Fusion Middleware including Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle WebLogic Suite and Oracle WebCenter Suite.
- The complete and integrated platform will help provide Shop Direct Group with enhanced business visibility through a coordinated view of merchandising operations, helping to promote greater return on inventory investment, streamline pricing decisions and improve planning and forecasting capabilities.
- Shop Direct Group expects to consolidate its master data and reporting functionality with the Oracle solutions to help gain further business and IT efficiencies and improve agility.
- The Oracle platform will also help Shop Direct Group to lower its total cost of ownership as it pursues its strategic growth initiatives.
- Shop Direct Group evaluated competing products and selected Oracle based on its deep retail functionality and proven ability to support growing and diversifying businesses.
- IBM has been selected by Shop Direct Group as the implementation partner, supported by Oracle, and the first phase of the deployment is underway.
- “Shop Direct Group required a world-class core retail platform to achieve our business requirements for strategic growth,” said Carl Dawson, Chief Information Officer, Shop Direct Group. “We identified Oracle’s solutions as key to helping us create a more efficient and standard retail operating platform of business processes and systems to strengthen the company’s foundation for future growth.”
- “We are committed to supporting the Shop Direct Group as it diversifies its business and strengthens its competitive position in the UK market,” said Will O’Brien, Vice President EMEA, Oracle Retail. “The Oracle platform will help Shop Direct Group to realign and redefine its service offering to meet the changing needs of its customer base.”