- Dell OEM Solutions helps hundreds of customers around the world free up resources spent on designing, building and testing hardware to focus on innovation
- Division now has more than 2,000 customers in all major geographies around the world
- New customers include server, storage and physical and information security providers across the U.S., EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific regions
Building on 12 years of success and growing customer momentum, Dell OEM Solutions today announced multiple new customers across the globe, bringing its total to more than 2,000 customers in various industries, including healthcare, industrial, information management, retail, communications and aerospace/defense.
Dell OEM Solutions is a division within Dell that supports original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) with customized services, support and technologies. The division has expanded its global reach in Europe, Latin America, the Asia-Pacific (APJ) region and the United States through customer acquisitions, tripled headcount and a new office opening in Tokyo, which will lead the divisions’ presence in the growing APJ market.
Dell OEM is one of the only tier-one manufacturers that offers a single source for comprehensive, end-to-end hardware integration, extended life products, solid change management and services and support worldwide, providing OEMs with the flexibility and reliability they need. Dell OEM customers can customize any Dell-standard hardware within its extensive portfolio and leverage Dell’s global supply-chain management expertise from concept to execution, including a robust services portfolio. With these customized services, Dell OEM customers can achieve economies of scale and reduce or eliminate the complexity and overhead costs of bringing a product to market. This way, companies can focus more resources and time on developing their unique IP and growing their business and less on execution, increasing their competitive advantage, agility and speed to profit.
Growing Global Presence
- Websense, a global leader in unified Web, data, and email content security, built a customized, turnkey solution for its Websense Web Security Gateway product on a Dell server platform. Websense achieved record-breaking, worldwide expansion in their product sector; increased penetration in markets with complex regulatory codes; and boosted customer retention rates to 100 percent with no performance issues.
- Pivot3, the market leader in scale-out SANs for the physical security market, doubled revenues year over year by introducing Dell’s supply chain expertise and the Dell worldwide support network to its rapidly expanding customer base. Pivot3 experienced significant growth particularly in the federal and international markets. Pivot3 uniquely transforms Dell servers into scale-out SAN storage with embedded failover-protected virtual machines to save customers 40 percent in power, cooling and rackspace over proprietary alternatives.
- FalconStor Software, with headquarters in New York and Asia-Pacific, is using Dell server and storage hardware to deliver its FalconStor® CDP, FDS, VTL, and NSS solutions, with protection from Dell Support Services. Dell OEM Solutions has helped FalconStor streamline the procurement, packaging and delivery of turnkey data protection solutions worldwide while providing FalconStor’s customers with world-class service and support for their hardware appliances.
- Based in Singapore, e-Cop provides a suite of information security management services and solutions to identify and deal effectively with threats and risks to information assets. e-Cop has boosted customer satisfaction utilizing OEM-ready Dell PowerEdge servers, providing them up to 12 times faster performance than their former solution.
- BLUESOC, a leading provider of real-time Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions based in Spain, uses a hardware platform from Dell OEM for its BLUESOC | Business Security Intelligence (BSI) appliance. Dell OEM Solutions was selected on the strength of its expertise in the appliance space, the willingness of the local team to tailor its offering based on BLUESOC’s specific requirements and its ability to help BLUESOC scale out its operations rapidly.
The Complete Package
Dell OEM Solutions offers customers access to the company’s global services and support organization, comprised of global technology and business services professionals across 60 Expert Tech Support Centers in more than 170 countries.
Through Dell’s custom configuration and fulfillment services, including image management, hardware customization and consolidation and staging, customers receive their systems built to their specifications during the manufacturing process, reducing complexity and lowering costs of bringing their product to market.
In addition, Dell has exclusively tailored Dell ProSupport for OEM customers, which delivers flexible support services. Dell ProSupport for OEM is incorporated into every customized solution and enables customers to sell their solutions globally, with confidence, knowing they can rely on the worldwide support infrastructure of Dell to provide consistent service levels where they need it.
“Dell OEM Solutions experienced record growth in 2010 with global customer acquisitions and expansion into new regions. This growth allows us to better serve our customers with extended life products, solid change management and customized services, support and hardware to power their OEM technologies,” said Sameer Garde, vice president and general manager of Dell OEM Solutions. “By selecting Dell OEM, our customers free up more time and resources to focus on their business and staying competitive.”
Dell listens to its customers and uses that insight to make technology simpler and develop innovative solutions that deliver reliable, long-term value. Dell OEM Solutions helps its customers find more balance between execution and innovation with dedicated OEM resources; industry-standard hardware and global services and support capabilities. Dell helps its OEM customers improve their time to profit and run their operations more efficiently for increased competitive edge.