MSI rolled out its new generation C Series notebook computers—the CX640, CR640, and CR650, at CeBIT 2011. They all pack Intel or AMD’s latest generation of processors. Masterfully crafted by MSI’s consummate team of designers, the CX640 and CR640 have slender profiles, a touchpad with crystal diamond finish, and a new F1 racecar push start power button. Details like these add an extra touch of class and sophistication to these lean, mean, chic machines, explaining why they are attracting so much attention at CeBIT 2011.
Hanover—MSI incorporated the ultimate craftsmanship into three new 15.6-inch C Series laptops, the CX640, CR640, and CR650, unveiled at CeBIT 2011. The CR650 features AMD’s newest dual core E-350 processor with the AMD Radeon™ HD 6310 discrete class graphics chip, endowing it with powerful display performance. The CX640 and CR640 sport Intel’s latest second-generation, high-performance Core i™ processor and MSI’s own fast boot-up technology which gets these impressive laptops up and running in half the time that it takes most other notebooks, so you don’t have to sit around twiddling your thumbs.
Eric Kuo, associate vice president for global sales, MSI Notebook, pointed out that the new generation CX640 and CR640 laptops being displayed at CeBIT 2011 not only boast powerful hardware, but their exteriors have been designed to make them stand out from the crowd. Details, like the F1 racecar push start power button, the slender, layered, forward-tapering profile, the touchpad with crystal diamond finish, the concealed hotkey design, the streamlined DVD drawer button, and the flat black case with metallic brush finish combine to give you the feeling that you are at the controls of a sophisticated high-end racecar.
Chic elegance wows ’em at CeBIT:
- Flat black case with metallic brush finish: The stylish look inspired by high-end racecars, MSI’s design team incorporated the flat black finish of luxury automobiles into the exterior of the CX640 and CR640, revealing a metallic luster. In addition, the touchpad’s crystal diamond finish and the layered texture of the recessed speakers set off the overall look, giving a randomness to the gradation of lights and shadows, producing a urbane look evocative of high-end racecars.
- Push start “ignition switch”: In the tradition of F1 racers, the CX640 and CR640 come equipped with a push start power button. Press the button and feel the performance. Tapered profile: The forward-tapering silhouette of the CX640 and CR640 notebook computers is also evocative of F1 racers and the layering of materials that compose the sides cause the bright layers to blend into the delicate etching of the flat black strata, exuding an artsy yet unpretentious feel.
- Color film print with chic cross-hatch design: The cover and palm rest areas of the CR650 are sheathed in MSI’s own cross-hatch color film print with a color gradient design for an aesthetically pleasing effect. It prevents smudges and adds a touch of class.
Performance is the name of the game:
- 2nd Generation Intel Core i Processor: The CX640 and CR640 feature Intel’s powerful second generation Core i™ processor and new generation Turbo Boost 2.0 technology to accelerate all cores. Quick Sync Video technology enhances multimedia file computing performance during conversion, synchronization, and compilation. In addition, MSI’s fast boot technology gets the CX640 and CR640 up and running in half the time that it takes other laptop computers. *Boot-up time will vary with different hardware specs and environments.
- New AMD APU architecture processor: The CR650 is equipped with AMD’s new generation (2011) dual core E-350 processor. In addition to packing the x86 architecture core, the APU (Accelerated Processing Units) processor sports the AMD Radeon™ HD 6310 discrete class graphics chip which supports DirectX 11, offering powerful processing and display performance on par with discrete graphics cards. GPU Boost: The CX640 is a discrete-graphics model that features DirectX 11-supporting nVidia GeForce GT520M discrete graphics card with 1GB of display memory. What’s more, the automatic graphics switching in MSI’s GPU Boost technology kicks them over to discrete graphics card mode to kick graphics processing up a notch or two. When performing general word processing tasks or surfing the Internet, it automatically cuts to the power-sipping integrated graphics chip mode, striking the ideal balance between performance and battery life.
New power saving technologies:
- Turbo Battery+: Turbo Battery+ technology lets you control power on an array of hardware, including Bluetooth, other wireless devices, and the webcam, with a single click of the mouse. Now, you can extend battery time by shutting off devices not in use.
- Idle device shutdown shortcut: Now you control power on an array of hardware, including Bluetooth and wireless devices as well as your webcam, with a single click of the mouse, thereby, extending battery time. In addition, the CX640 and CR640 sport the ambient light sensor (ALS) system that only high-end laptops of this class. It adjusts screen brightness in accordance with ambient lighting, so your eyes feel comfortable even when using the screen for long periods and extends battery time when the computer is in standby mode.
- Recharge battery 1.5 faster: MSI’s exclusive technology recharges the CX640 and CR640 1.5 times faster than traditional laptops. About 80 minutes is all you need to be 80% recharged. The CR650 comes with MSI’s i-Charger technology which pumps more power through USB slots, so you can recharge devices up to three times faster. While others sit around waiting for their mobile devices to recharge, you can be using yours. *Actual time required to recharge the CX640 and CR640 will vary with different environments.
Maximize your multimedia enjoyment:
- SRS PC Sound: The CR650, CX640, and CR640 come with the generation SRS PC Sound™ for natural wrap around high fidelity sound whether you use the built-in speakers, external ones, or headsets. These laptops are designed to satisfy your craving for crisp, clear sound.
- New generation Cinema Pro: The CR650 packs powerful multimedia processing capabilities. You can use MSI’s own professional Cinema Pro technology to maximize graphics performance. Depress the Cinema Pro hot key to switch to video mode for higher resolution and richer colors for a viewing experience so enjoyable that you’ll find it hard to tear yourself away.
- The latest hardware for HD viewing: The CR650, CX640, and CR640’s cinema-class, 16:9 ratio LED display is ideal for viewing films. In addition to richer colors and distortion-free images, you don’t have those annoying black strips at the top and bottom of the screen when viewing HD films. The CR650 laptop also comes equipped with an HD720p webcam to give you rich, smooth, clear pictures when conferencing with friends and family over the Internet. If you like watching HD films on something larger than a computer screen, the CR650’s HDMI slot lets you connect to LCD TVs of any size.