HP Hotspot M1218nfs MFP is a reasonable all one printer available now a days. It is a 7 in 1 printer that offers you all features needed for day to day work. An ideal choice for office and home usage, the printer offers you everything inside single box. You can print, fax, scan, and do many more things on it. The printer is designed with integrated wifi hotspot. That means there is no need of a router. You can simply turn its Wifi on and use it through your Smartphone, tablet pc, netbook, laptop, etc. The printer has ready to use feature that deliver quick performance with web access. With the help of HP ePrint you can print your important documents from anywhere. There is no need to stay under single network. HP ePrint service is offered on many models that features wifi connectivity. The printer also supports Apple Airprint. Due to wifi connectivity it becomes easier to access the printer and also you can simply hook it on your network through LAN cable and share it among different users. HP Hotspot M1218nfs MFP is a plug and play device. The configuration and setup is extremely simple. If you are using this on LAN you can simply manage it through web based dash board. Before moving ahead you can check out the features and specification below.
- Wifi Hotspot. Connect up to 8 devices at a single time. Simple Wifi configuration
- Plug and Play. No driver disc or complicated setup required.
- Hp ePrint support. Print from any location.
- Print, Scan, Copy and FAX instantly through control buttons. No need of any PC Software.
- Function : Print, copy, scan, fax, hotspot
- Print speed black : Normal Up to 18 ppm
- First page out (ready) : Black:As fast as 8.5 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4) : Up to 8000 pages
- Recommended monthly page volume : 250 to 2000
- Print technology : Laser
- Print quality black (best) : Up to 600 x 600 dpi (1200 dpi effective)
- Display : 2-line LCD
- CPU : 400 MHz
- Memory : 64MB
- Automatic paper sensor : No
- HP ePrint capability : Yes
- Mobile printing capability : HP ePrint, HP wireless direct printing, Apple AirPrint
- Wireless capability : Yes, built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n and Hotspot
- Connectivity standard : Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port, 10/100Base-T Ethernet network port, RJ-11 Telephone port, Wireless 802.11b/g/n
- Network ready : Standard (built-in Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n)
- Paper handling input : 150-sheet input tray, 35-sheet automatic document feeder
- Media sizes supported : A4, A5, ISO B5, ISO C5, ISO C5/6, ISO C6, ISO DL, 16K, European postcard, J postcard (Hagaki) and J double postcard (Oufuku Hagaki)
- Scanner : Flatbed, ADF Up to 1200 dpi Scan resolution
HP Hotspot M1218nfs MFP offers a compact design. The printer is not very large in size. You will need to create some space so that you can place it properly and it also remains comfortable to scan. The printer has two documents feed. The one lies at the end, and the other one on top. The below one is used for printing, while the top one is automatic document feeder which is used for scanning and fax. A LCD panel with control buttons also lies on the front side only. Through the LCD you can collect ample of information. For example to find out information on the printer ip you have to select network configuration and printer prints a document of the same. This makes the printer independent from PC configuration. Each time you do not need to turn your pc on and modify the settings. The Wifi hotspot can be turned on or off by single button. Near to the LCD lies a wifi button. When you press it, the hotspot is on and the printer is shared on the network. While you can simply disable that by pressing it back without turning off the printer.
- Multi-Functional Printer
- Good Build Quality
- Wifi Sport
- No Memory Card Slot
- No Duplex Printing