EdiMax 3G-6200nL 150Mbps Wireless Compact Router allows you many options to share internet connection via 3G USB dongle. The portable router also features a lan adapter. You can directly connect the router to the modem and instantly create a private network. It offers you a maximum of 150Mbps of bandwidth, which is quiet enough for a home usage. The router features EZmax which is the connectivity wizard for easy setup.
- Shares 3G connection or xDSL/Cable connection with network users
- Supports xDSL or cable broadband backup when 3G is not available
- Provides USB 2.0 port for UMTS/HSDPA/CDMA mobile Internet service
- Includes 16-languages EZmax setup wizard for Internet connection, wireless security and firmware upgrade
- Complies with IEEE 802.11b/g and compatible with IEEE802.11n wireless standards
- Connectivity : One 10/100Mbps Ethernet Port for WAN or LAN Connection, One USB 2.0 for 3G/3.5G USB Modem Port and WPS/Reset Button
- LED Indicators: Wireless/WPS, Ethernet , Internet
- WAN: Supports 3G/3.5G (UMTS/HSDPA/CDMA), cable/xDSL modem, PPPoE/Static IP/PPTP/Dynamic IP /L2TP / Big Pond
- Security: NAT/NAPT IP Sharing / 64/128‐bit WEP Encryption and WPA‐PSK, WPA2‐PSK security / DHCP Server / MAC/IP Filter and URL Blocking
- FUNCTIONS: Supports 3G and xDSL connection Fail Over, Port Triggering for Special Applications, DDNS, WMM and QoS. Virtual Server and DMZ. Supports UPnP. VPN Pass Through (IPSec/PPTP)
- Antenna : 2dBi
- Storage : 4 MB NOR Flash / 16 MB SDRAM
EdiMax 3G-6200nL 150Mbps Wireless Compact Router is quiet portable in size. You can easily carry it in your pocket or bag. The design features a simple look of portable wifi router that is also impressive. There is a single usb port on the front side. The usb port supports 3G USB Dongle only. There is no way to hook a pen drive and share files. At the back side lies antenna jack, reset/wps switch, power jack and lan port. It is better to have a Ethernet port here, because if you are not having a USB dongle then the router is not waste. You can connect it to your wan port and create personal wifi network with security features.
The router has a 2dBi antenna which is decent for inhouse usage. It gives you a good speed with a range of 10 meters or lower. There are three light indicators on the body, in which the first one is for LAN connection, second for web access and third for Wifi connectivity.
The router can be configured in two ways. It is basically a plug and play device. If you do not want to mess with the settings just hook the router on the lan network of your home or office and enjoy a password free network connectivity. But to secure it you have to add a password. For that you can use EZMax. This is the setup wizard of router. Connect the router to your PC and type 192.168.2.1. The details are mentioned on the backside of the router. Once you are in the configuration page you can click on Quick setup or General setup to create the type of network you want.
It is extremely easy to use. Under Quick setup or General Setup you can configure your 3G or lan network as per your need. Or you can simply go in the security section and add a password to protect the existing connectivity. It works well with tablet pc, smartphone and other wifi devices. The range is limited due to low level antenna while for instant usage it is a great device.
EdiMax 3G-6200nL 150Mbps Wireless Compact Router is a simple wifi router that offers you instant wifi network without hassle. You can create your private or public hotspot and instantly share internet, files and printers. The price of this router lies between Rs. 2500 to Rs.3000 ranges. It can be costly compared to larger routers. But for compact solution this works really well.
- Compact Design
- 3G USB Dongle Support
- Plug and play
- Costly compared to bigger routers
- Limited wifi range.