Meet the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet. iPhone 3GS features video recording, Voice Control, up to 32GB of storage, and more. The first thing you’ll notice about iPhone 3GS is how quickly you can launch applications. Web pages render in a fraction of the time, and you can view email attachments faster. Improved performance and updated 3D graphics deliver an incredible gaming experience, too. In fact, everything you do on iPhone 3GS is up to 2x faster and more responsive than iPhone 3G. Competitors to Apple in mobile telephony today will find a press review a bit painful to read. The first tests of the iPhone 3G fell, following the arrival last night of iPhone OS 3.0. Regarding the new model notices are generally positive but with differences in ratings on some points. There is unanimity on the gains made by the speed of 3G and new processors on the good or very good performance of the video camera. In contrast to autonomy or for example the quality of the camera, opinions differ on the extent of progress.
The problem for competitors of the iPhone lies in the strategy adopted by Apple. The value added of the iPhone lies not in its material – even if a faster processor and reinforced by a video camera are still significant – in its software. Result by the grace of a simple upgrade – for free – its operating system, an iPhone two years ago (an eternity by mobile phone) still holds its place not only meet its successors, but better still face some competitors. Just to see a demo video of the news contained in the upcoming Windows Mobile 6.5 for the check. As long as the economic environment may disturb the game, Apple has the means to do a double hit. His new iPhone 3G is well equipped (thank you also the App Store) and now widely distributed to capture a customer who has previously shunned or ignored. While the updated iPhone OS 3.0 gives existing customers (about 1.3 million in France) the reassuring feeling that they are still down. And mobile loyalty is a very precious
With the iPhone, Apple had dropped a bomb in the world of mobile purring. Without providing all the functions present in the competition, without aligning the best equipment available, the Cupertino company had achieved a master stroke with a touch interface high-flying, much copied but never equaled. With the iPhone 3G S, Apple continues its momentum and carves a concept, technically improved to stick to the competition and surpass it.
The section of software is still one of the greatest advantages of Apple. Besides offering more than 50,000 applications in the App Store, the integrated terminal and the operating system version 3.0. This version includes more than 100 changes among which include the role of cut, copy and paste, MMS multimedia messaging, Search with Spotlight, landscape keyboard more convenient to write e-mails or SMS, expanded parental controls, and the ability to capture and send audio recordings on the go with the new Voice Memo application.
The iPhone 3.0 software also includes an interesting feature called Find My iPhone anticacos. This application works in tandem with the implementation of Apple MobileMe and the iPhone allows you to locate lost on a map, send a message appears on the screen or play a sound to help you find it even when in silent mode. If it were possible to find the iPhone, it can be annoying when you tell us Guindado erasing all data and content of the terminal with the new function Remote Wipe (Erase Remote).
The iPhone 3G S does not rely on its hull to differentiate itself from its predecessor. Only difference, the iPhone name now mirror and letters posted maximum capacity 32GB This will especially please the lunatics who want to carry their digital life with them (tons of emails, hundreds of unnecessary applications, videos and series albums, the shovel, a quintal photos, notes, mileage, etc..). With the S 3G, the iPhone is finally stronger than the iPod touch. Because he calls.
However, try to go around the iPhone 3G is S answer a question every living thing: What is the iPhone 3G S? Beyond the obvious answer: "the successor to the iPhone 3G can be defined in broad strokes her identity by saying that the combination of improved hardware platform, a software upgrade to scale and unique features. Everything tends almost always to gain comfort, speed with an S as in Speed, hence its name. The new iPhone is faster, better, it is faster. Quicker to surf the Web, thanks to the new chip 3G + (HSDPA 7.2 Mbps), which has identified significant improvements in speed of downloading files or opening websites. The site of the World opens and 1.7 times faster on 3G than on the S 3G (both iPhone OS 3.0). The Liberation invades Safari 2.5 times faster on 3G than on its predecessor S. It is also faster to open and run applications. Google Earth launches 1.4 times faster, the inevitable Ms PacMan 2.1 times faster and very useful application Metro 3.5 times faster on 3G S. The gain can be observed and felt in everyday life, a framerate and greater responsiveness rewarding each movement, even the fattest of fingers.
When asked what Apple provides engine performance that the iPhone 3G S, the caller pretends to nothing. He immediately adopted the joke stretched out like a pole of silence that would have this phone works with the mischievous little goblins. No more official information. And another new material, the iPhone 3G is gaining momentum S in terms of photo sensor. A 3 megapixel, you get to shoot more accurate, printable Painless 10x15cm if the light is at the rendezvous. The autofocus system Adjustable finger, already seen on some compact cameras for added comfort and pleasure to use. But the big news is that the video is here! Yes, the iPhone 3G S film and edit your videos even briefly. No it does not film in HD, so do not ask for much, but in VGA resolution (640 x 480 pixels) very convincing in broad daylight and in low light really acceptable. We will welcome the sound quality some pocket camcorders would do well to emulate. Another new feature, Apple introduced a voice command system for iPhone 3G S It is thus possible to make a call, to know the name of a song, the iPhone, the iPod shuffle, speak or change artist by asking nicely on the phone. If the result is not 100% conclusive, he sometimes hesitates between an essential Norbert and Robert lost sight, it must still recognize that without using any learning from your diction, Voice Control feature is quite effective and accomplished. The only regret is that the iPhone can not tell us who is calling.
Finally, unrelated except that of the iPhone 3G exclusivity S, a compass function is incorporated into the device. Anecdotal isolated, it makes sense to plan integrated the function of "GPS" for iPhone. Press the button twice and location map moves automatically to tell you where the North. This will avoid many unnecessary when not pressed, you exit a subway station and not go in the wrong direction on this road unknown and long, long time … Especially in the second passage … A detail, yes, certainly, but those who said that they prefer to have the iPhone 3G in his pocket S rather than in its neighbor. If there are reasons to dislike the iPhone OS 3.0, especially if one does not have an iPhone, the reasons to welcome with open arms are many. Firstly, because finally, he fixes injustices. It is the copy / paste that had been waiting so long. It is again the landscape mode for all applications, especially e-mail-order to tap a wider keyboard. And they are the MMS, so we expected no more waiting. Same for the opportunity to delete individual SMS or MMS. And each time, the brilliance of Apple’s clear the talent of simplicity.
But if those absent will do him more harm now, except for what is Flash, which seems compatible definitely entrusted to his sire-Adobe version 3.0 is true for many other aspects. The integrated search engine which becomes a habit in a few days to quickly find a contact, a piece, an e-mail, etc. It is accessed from the homepage. Nothing more easy and instinctive. But above all welcome the iPhone OS 3.0 for what it is: an optimized background of the operating system of Apple phone. Optimized for speed, we have seen, but also for autonomy. If the test in single-use does not make sense, since the strength of the iPhone lies precisely in its multiple capabilities, we can compare the endurance of a 3G iPhone under iPhone OS 2.2.x with the same iPhone 3G (or 3G S) iPhone OS 3.0. Spend a day away from a socket and use it constantly (e-mail, surfing, telephone, SMS / MMS, video, etc..) Without loose before we return home is no longer a feat.Sometimes it is time to return home, but the trend is a marked better. It takes a dozen hours on the loose. In listening to music only interrupted by a few calls because it is a phone-it is a few minutes near the nails announced by Apple, namely 24. It is certainly far from the autonomy BlackBerry or Nokia Pro, but the case starts to be serious.
And talking about professionals, let us quickly on the functions which are (mostly) intended. Starting with the ICS. Yes, the iPhone 3G / 3G S can become the true 3G modem that you wait for your laptop. If the Bluetooth configuration sometimes a little patina, use USB, that saves more of its batteries, works like a dream. One branch, we slide the activation button, we choose the connection on your Mac or PC and voila. It’s that easy. And obviously, since we are talking 3G, you can still receive calls when you are connected. Version 3.0 also comes with an enrichment of the offer "e-mail. Thus, in addition to synchronizing Exchange, it is now possible to view contacts the LDAP directory of its business. Convenient to call a co-worker might not have been the number. Even more convenient than looking for the contact is both the name on the name, which is not the case with all versions of Outlook.
Apple also introduced other measures, including security, as encryption of the contents of the iPhone, which prevents certain data inadvertently fall into the wrong hands in case of loss of the iPhone. At the launch of the iPhone 3G, MobileMe, formerly. Mac, took us to a stronger attraction. Things do not change. Apple also offers a very professional basis for the owners of a MobileMe account: locate my iPhone. This service allows you to place the iPhone on a map, as its name implies, to make it sound or display a message remotely. Practice in case of theft, loss or very user head in the air. For safety, it is even possible to erase all data remotely, as is the case with the remote administration tool iPhones for businesses.
FEATURES IN DETAILS :
1. Video : Now you can shoot video, edit it, and share it — all on your iPhone 3GS. Shoot high-quality VGA video in portrait or landscape. Trim your footage by adjusting start and end points. Then share your video in an email, post it to your MobileMe gallery, publish it on YouTube, or sync it back to your Mac or PC using iTunes. A tap of the camera toggle switches from photo to video. Then you’re ready to record 30-fps VGA video — perfect for posting on the web — in portrait or widescreen landscape.
2. 3 MP Camera : The new 3-megapixel camera takes great still photos, too, thanks to built-in autofocus and a handy new feature that lets you tap the display to focus on anything (or anyone) you want. iPhone snaps shots with a tap then saves them in the Camera Roll, where they’re easy to enjoy. Rotate iPhone to see a photo in landscape. Zoom in or out with a pinch or a double-tap. Turn any photo into your iPhone wallpaper. iPhone even geotags your photos with information about where they were taken.
3. Voice Control : Voice Control recognizes the names in your Contacts and knows the music on your iPod. So if you want to place a call or play a song, all you have to do is ask. Voice Control can find anybody in your contacts list. Simply say a name to make a call. Or say a phone number. iPhone repeats your voice commands to confirm them, then dials away. Voice Control knows the music in your iPod, too. Ask your iPhone what song is playing (and hear it answer). Tell it to play your favorite album. Even have it play more songs like the one you’re listening to.
4. Compass : With a built-in digital compass, iPhone 3GS can point the way. Use the new Compass app, or watch as it automatically reorients maps to match the direction you’re facing. iPhone 3GS finds your location quickly and accurately via GPS, Wi-Fi, and cellular towers. Drop a pin to mark your location or share it with others via email or MMS. A built-in digital compass rotates maps to always match the direction you’re facing. You can also use the compass on its own.
5. Cut, Copy & Paste : Cut, copy, and paste words and photos, even between applications. Copy and paste images and content from the web, too. Quickly cut, copy, and paste words with a tap. You can also copy content from the web, then paste it into an email or text message. Copy multiple photos and paste them into an email or an MMS. Copy videos you’ve shot. Or copy images from the web to send and share.
6. Landscape Keyboard : Want more room to type on the intelligent software keyboard? Rotate iPhone to landscape to use a larger keyboard in Mail, Messages, Notes, and Safari. The iPhone keyboard accelerates your typing because it tracks what you type, then suggests words, corrects spelling, and inserts punctuation for you. It even learns the words you use most often. The trick is to just type away and trust the intelligence of the keyboard. While the tiny physical keys on other mobile phones stay fixed in place, iPhone adapts its keys and layout for different applications.
7. Messages : Send messages with text, video, photos, audio, locations, and contact information. You can even forward one or more messages to others. Messages appear on your iPhone as an ongoing conversation, so it’s easy to pick up where you left off. You can even forward one or more messages to others. The intelligent keyboard predicts and suggests words as you type. It also features a built-in dictionary and even learns words you use often. Take a photo or shoot some video, then send it via Messages. You can also send audio recordings from Voice Memos, contact information from Contacts, and locations from Maps.*
8. Search : Find what you’re looking for across your iPhone, all from one convenient place. Spotlight searches all your contacts, email, calendars, and notes, as well as everything in your iPod. Flick to the left of the main Home screen to open Spotlight and search your iPhone. Tap to go directly to a contact, play a song, open a calendar event, and more. If the contact or email message you’re looking for isn’t on your iPhone, you can continue your search on the server.* Search responds with all the results so you can display them on your iPhone.
9. Accessibility : iPhone 3GS offers accessibility features to assist users who are visually or hearing impaired. These features include the VoiceOver screen reader, a Zoom feature, White on Black display options, Mono Audio, and more. Accessibility comes standard on iPhone 3GS. From closed captioning to TTY support, Apple builds accessibility right into the iPhone operating system. And innovative new features on iPhone 3GS take accessibility a step further, right out of the box. In addition to Voice Control, iPhone 3GS features VoiceOver, the world’s first gesture-based screen reader. Instead of memorizing keyboard commands or pressing tiny arrow keys, you simply touch the screen to hear a description of the item under your finger, then double-tap, drag, or flick to control iPhone. VoiceOver speaks 21 languages and works with all of the applications built into iPhone 3GS.
10. Voice Over : VoiceOver also features a virtual control called the rotor. Turning the rotor — by rotating two fingers on the screen as if you were turning a dial — changes the way VoiceOver moves through a document based on a setting you choose. For example, a flick up or down might move through text word by word or character by character, perfect for proofreading or editing text. Zoom on iPhone lets you magnify the entire screen of any application. Zoom up to 5 times normal size and move left, right, up, and down to view any portion of the screen close up. Zoom works everywhere, including the Home, Unlock, and Spotlight screens, and with every application. Even those you purchase from the App store. If you need or prefer higher contrast, iPhone 3GS lets you change the display to white on black. Use the White on Black feature in any application, as well as the Home, Unlock, and Spotlight screens, and with Zoom and VoiceOver.
11. Internet Tethering : Surf the web from practically anywhere. Now you can share the 3G connection on your iPhone with your Mac notebook or PC laptop. With Internet tethering on iPhone, you don’t need a Wi-Fi hotspot to surf the web from your computer. Now you can share the 3G connection on your iPhone with your Mac notebook or PC laptop and connect to the Internet anywhere. When your iPhone is tethered, you can still send and receive data and make phone calls. You can also use the USB cable included with your iPhone to enable Internet tethering — and charge your iPhone at the same time. Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB and select the iPhone USB network service as your network connection. All the necessary software is automatically installed using iTunes. Wirelessly tether your computer to your iPhone using Bluetooth wireless technology and you can stay cable-free. Just pair your iPhone with your computer, then select the iPhone Bluetooth PAN service as your network connection.
12. Voice Memos : Capture and share a thought, a memo, a meeting, or any audio recording on the go with the new Voice Memos application. Record ideas, reminders, meetings, class lectures, notes — any audio you want — using the built-in iPhone microphone, your headset, or an external mic accessory. Voice Memos records even when you’re using your iPhone to do things like check email or surf the web. Keep all your memos organized by choosing labels from a predefined list or by creating your own custom labels.
13. Nike + iPod : iPhone includes built-in Nike + iPod support. Just slip the Nike + iPod Sensor (available separately) into your Nike+ shoe and start your workout.
14. Stocks : Stocks on iPhone shows you charts, financial details, and headline news for any stock you choose. Rotate iPhone to see even more detailed information.
15. YouTube : Watch YouTube videos wherever you are. Log in to your YouTube account to save and sync bookmarks and rate your favorites.
Find My iPhone and Remote Wipe : If you misplace your iPhone, Apple’s MobileMe service can help you find it. Log on to me.com to view a map that shows the approximate location of your iPhone. If it’s nearby, have it play an alert sound to help you find it. If it’s not, you can display a custom message, remotely lock it with a passcode, or initiate a remote wipe and restore it to factory settings. Everything you love about iPhone : Phone, iPod, and Internet device in one, iPhone 3GS offers desktop-class email, an amazing Maps application, and Safari — the world’s most advanced mobile web browser. And your iPhone does even more when you add apps from the App Store.
The batteries in the iPhone 3G was one of the most criticized for its short duration. The iPhone 3G has been improved somewhat and, although the talk time is the same (5 hours) now reaches 12 hours on 2G, 9 with active wireless, 30 audio and 10 video. The 3G iPhone goes on sale on June 19 two days after the release of the software update to version 3.0. The final price will give it the same day. In the U.S. the terminal will cost 200 dollars a 16GB model and $ 300 the top model of 32 Gb. That yes, it is likely that Apple will make the usual conversion 1dolar = 1euro and leave us the same price. It was not until next week to tell.
Best : –
We can not help feeling that the iPhone 3G is what the iPhone 3G should have been from the beginning. The digital compass and increased memory are good improvements. Apple also has been very moderate in price.
Can Be Improved : –
It seems that five megapixel camera was too much to ask. Apart from the memory and the compass, most changes are software, which lets the iPhone 3G too close to a normal 3G iPhone but updated to version 3.0 operating system.
The screen is slightly warmer in regard to color (more yellow than blue) and slightly brighter, looks better in the light of day, but has the same size: 3.5 inches and a resolution of 480 x 320 . The headphone jack is no longer recessed, so now you can use any handset without the need for adapters. The volume buttons are a little sunken and are metal. Not only web browsing is much faster, but the Wi-Fi reception is much better, you can access further away without losing the signal. It also has a new way "Airplane" or airplane off the phone, but activate the Wi-Fi Internet connection using the airlines. The iPhone 3G battery also lasts longer than the previous. The new camera has the same trigger 2MP 1600 x 1200 pixels. Still no video capture. The images appear less grainy, but not too noticeable improvement. The quality of images in low light remains abysmal. Some basic functions like cut, copy and paste are still missing.