Gateway’s budget-minded 17-inch gaming laptop P-7805u FX have impressed me by offering a mix of decent components and high-end video cards for just $1,200. The GAteway has offered with P-7805u FX an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor and NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS dedicated graphics with 1GB of video memory. As per me it is the best of the bunch, bumping the screen resolution up to 1,900×1,200 while only marginally raising the price. It may not have the fastest processor but it has more than enough to play all the latest PC games on it.Although it is designed for those who want toplay games on, it presents a more general purpose data processing also. It would be nice to Gateway to see the battery design nevertheless set.It performs super good for gaming, plus the high configurations, it is an ideal for gamers.
Beyond p-7805u FX looks great with a glossy black finish and the band pattern of the carbon on the lid that the badges FX shows.Physically, this new model is virtually identical to earlier Gateway FX laptops, such as the P-7811FX. The three primary colors used throughout the body are glossy black, silver or brushed silver, and orange to outline various components. Build quality is average with some flex apparent in areas around the chassis. Iit’s a step backwards for the line, pulling the 17-inch display’s resolution back to a more pedestrian 1,440×900.The side profile of the notebook shows an orange ban dividing the notebook horizontally and surrounding the exterior ports.
Another good part is its keyboard. The full-size keyboard and separate number pad have large, comfortable keys. Above the keyboard is a row of media controls, with buttons cut right into the brushed-metal border, with a touch-sensitive control A volume sliding slowly that the volume a little to adapt our tastes.Open Noting the notebook, the keyboard is surrounded by orange ornamentation, which is also outlined with brushed metal decoration. While I usually take the attitude that the bright colors and some led’s gambling notebooks can make a negative way clear out, restricts the Gateway brand in a very elegant way to a minimum.
Feel very comfortable when using FX Gateway P-7805u to computer game playing. And the 17 inch screen is best for playing the game of PC.If we talk about its screen, it is equipped with 1920×1200 WUXGA screen, although this model is actually supposed to include a WXGA+ 1440×900 panel.The brightness of the screen is adequate for gambling that a clear reading room or a desk, but not bright enough to shine sunlight to overwhelm in the open air places places. The vertical viewing angles are very good with a wide viewing range before colors started to deform.First gambling laptops in the budget Gateway FX from early 2008 had a native resolution of 1,440 X 900, which is one of the biggest concessions cost was.
The Gateway’s Fx has very interesting eSATA port for hooking up an external hard drive, as well as the full ExpressCard/54 slot, and FireWire connection.Selection of the port seemed limited to the size of the notebook, with plenty of open space that could be used for additional ports to add. P-7805u FX offers three USB ports, eSATA, HDMI, VGA, LAN, FireWire, and a modem to leverage. A USB port forward could easily have been to a comboUSB / eSATA port to add, almost these days should be mandatory.
Mobile Intel PM45 Chipset
- This system features the Mobile Intel PM45 chipset, which provides you with the highest performance on the most demanding applications of today and tomorrow.
Kensington Lock Slot
- You’re protected! The Kensington lock slot lets you attach a security cable to help keep your new Gateway® laptop safe and sound when you’re at school, the coffeehouse, a conference room, airport lobby or any other public place where you need to keep connected.
Intel Centrino 2 Technology
- Get far faster performance for multitasking and multimedia, far greater wireless range, plus exceptional battery life with the latest mobile advances of Intel Centrino 2 Processor Technology.
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
- With double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R and DVD-R DL media; supports DVD-RAM; supports Labelflash direct-disc labels using compatible media.
17” Widescreen Ultrabright Display
- Get a full high-definition work and entertainment space with the 17" 1440 x 900 WXGA+ widescreen display, providing great clarity for games and movies and the room to view documents or webpages side by side.
320GB Hard Drive
- Can we say this system comes with one of the largest standard notebook hard drives on the planet? Well, it’s big.
4GB DDR3 memory
- For multitasking power. 1066MHz frontside bus, 3MB L2 cache and 2.26GHz processor speed
5-in-1 Media Card Reader
- Ditch the extra wires and cables—this system reads memory cards for digital cameras, camcorders and more.
17" WXGA high-definition widescreen TFT-LCD display
- With UltraBright technology brings life to your movies and games.
NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS graphics
- Features 1GB of GDDR3 discrete video memory for lush images and vivid detail. 2 built-in speakers with high-definition audio support. HDMI v1.2 connector.
Illuminated Metal Precision-Touch Multimedia Buttons
- Get quick access to your movies and music with the sleek, brushed-metal multimedia control panel, featuring illuminated precision-touch buttons and touch-sensitive volume.
Built-in 1.3-megapixel webcam
- Makes it easy to chat with and send video mail to family and friends. Capture still photos and video clips.
- 9.1 lbs. and measures 1.7" thin For portable power.
- Intel Core2 Duo Processor1 P8400 (2.26GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 3MB L2 Cache)
- Genuine Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit) with SP1
- Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN 802.11a/g/Draft-N Wireless LAN
- Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS Graphics with 1GB of GDDR3 Discrete Video Memory and Intel PM45 Chipset
- Microsoft Works 9.0SE, Microsoft Money Essentials & Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 (60-day complimentary trial period)
- 9-Cell Lithium Ion 86.58 Whr (2.6AHr)
Digital Media Software
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 11, Cyberlink Power2 Go, & Cyberlink LabelPrint
- 1.3"-1.70" (H) x 15.75" (W) x 11.75" (D) or 33-43mm (H) x 400mm (W) x 298mm (D)
- ExpressCard Type 54
- (3) USB 2.0, VGA Connector, IEEE 1394b, eSATA Port, V1.2 HDMI Connector
- 56K ITU V.92 ready Fax/Modem (RJ-11 port)
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
- 8x Multi-Format Dual Layer DVDRW and DVD-RAM featuring Labelflash Technology
- High-Definition Audio- 2 Channel, Built-In speakers, microphone, headphone/SPDIF Audio Out
- Symantec Norton 360 2008 (60-day trial)
- 1.3 Megapixel Integrated Webcam
- 9.05 lbs. (4.11 kg) system unit only / 12.64 lbs.
Gateway FX P-7805u is typically viewed as a gaming computer, and I have to say that it does its job flawlessly.As per me it can easily beat out the Asus G50VT, which had a slightly slower Core 2 Duo P7450.While it won’t be able to put out the same performance numbers as the newer P9000 or T9000 processors, it still performs quite well.The high-end Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTS graphics card is this laptop’s main selling point. As it has an Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 and NVIDIA 9800M GTS working together to give excellent results while gaming. I agree the processor is not as high end or fast as others can shine, but it is a reason for lower costs and power consumption to keep.
Than comes it battery, it gives around 3 hours of play back. I think,which is very impressive for a desktop replacement.With the screen brightness set to 70%, wireless active, and Vista on the Balanced profile the system stayed on the 3 hours and 29 minutes.Because desktop replacements spend most of their time tethered to a single location, battery life isn’t usually a big factor here.The battery lasts for a good time when on balanced power mode, but you do want an outlet handy while gaming on it in high performance power mode.
4GB of graphics memory allows also at very high resolutions or with additional filters to run. The screen with 1440×900 resolution is a bit low for such a high-editor of the final graph and it would be nice to have a higher resolution panel to see.Under the light load or normal activity the Gateway P-7805u FX temperatures kept to a minimum and Fared just as well as other non-gaming notebooks. Once under the stress of a game though the notebook warmed up significantly.
Exhaust temperatures were high enough to make your hand uncomfortable if the guy on the near side, and the notebook would sometimes seem as though it would over heat if the air intake on the bottom was blocked. While it never fully stopped or crashed a game, there were some instances where odd glitches would happen, and then I would notice I was blocking the intake with my leg.The system includes an industry-standard one-year warranty, with part-and-labor coverage and return-to-depot service.
The gateway offers to 24-7, toll-free, consistent with the technical support telephone and the Web site has the usual driver downloads and FAQs, plus options for online technicians with electronic mail to send or chat.
Our favorite laptop budget gaming returns as Gateway P-7805u FX, and while it’s still the best agreement in mobile gambling, we are, the re bummed the screen has been dumbed down to levels sub-HD.Gateway P-7805u FX is a very capable gaming notebook, suited for modern games in good part to play and rates given the impressive battery life under light activity.Great price, great product and very good memory, great layout. Impressed with this Laptop, spent many hours researching and found this to be the best.
- Nice price for the features
- Excellent Price
- Great performance
- Extremely Fast 3D Graphics Processor
- Good looks and decent build quality
- Battery Extends Out Rear or Laptop Rather Than Flush
- Limited port selection
- Heavy Use Of Glossy Plastics That Show Smudges and Scratches Easily
- Few body changes from previous models
- Could Use Higher Resolution LCD Panel