We have seen before about the release of cannon Powershot D10. Canon Powershot D10 is the first waterproof camera which is a cute little compact designed to test the hazards of the harsh life of camera and is now ready for action. The Ratings for D10 Canon PowerShot from experts is much good. Its positive points are for 10 meters waterproof, resistant to falls and extreme temperatures that it delivered. The D10 PowerShot camera, at first sight strangely recalls a toy device for children, the accomplice rounded, colorful plumage that makes them take a look almost funny at least compared to traditional compact cameras. But the reality is quite different.
The main features of this camera is waterproof up to 10 meters deep, the shock resistance can tolerate drops from about 1 meter and 20cm and the ability to ensure operability with temperatures of about 10 ° C.
Inside the waterproof and shockproof body we find the photosensitive element comprising a sensor size 1/2.3 "(6.16mm x 4.62mm) achieved with CCD technology and can generate image files up 12.1 Megapixel, ratio 4 / 3 and real images of 4000×3000 pixels. the density of pixels per unit area is very high. Use very small sensors has not only drawbacks, as it allows you to use optical sized proportionally to the benefit of portability of the device.
The optical lens used in this case corresponds to a 35 – 105mm of 35mm format, it boasts a 3x zoom and the integration of IS Canon, Image Stabilizer that allows you to earn two or three stop and get a still more easily . Canon also choose to incorporate a 4x digital zoom although its use is to affect in a very strong image quality.
The weight is not more content 190 grams, the waterproofed and reinforced body, while the size may be reduced as to fall in pocket devices. Deserves a mention the display used with a diagonal of 2.5 inches and a resolution of 230,000 pixels, as it was very bright and visible even in strong direct sun illumination.
Design and more
At the front of the camera you can see the lens and flash at the center of body. One notices immediately the lack of optical viewfinder which forces to use only the monitor back to the composition of the scene.
The back is full of buttons controls , all located on the right, while the remaining part of the machine is occupied by the 2.5-inch monitor . At the top there are the zoom controls to zoom in and out and a series of 5 multi-function buttons arranged in a circle. Below these you can see the button to turn off the display and a monitor to bring up the menu for further settings.
You can see the buttons to switch to macro mode, flash setting, the Self, as well as to display images in a different order . The cancellation of the shots are not considered satisfactory but it is already possible to see every corner of the camera a particular excavation, for the wrist strap, very useful as it allows you to hook the camera in four different places.
The thickness of the machine is more about 67mm, space certainly higher than some direct competitors, but in any case does not affect portability. At the step just below you can see clearly the four points of connection of the wrist-strap provided. The PowerShot D10 uses SD and SDHC cards, which are common for camera.
The lithium-ion battery is included, model NB-6L comes with its charger directly into the prepacked. As for the autonomy of operation we have found about 300 shots without need for recharging. This is an important number of shots enough to cover much more than a day’s average usage of the camera. A satisfactory result.
At the top stands out the screen bearing model the words 10m/33ft Waterproof exist. Although this is not visible to the naked eye , hidden inside the chassis. The front, near shows additional protection required in the four Allen screws, while the flash shows included in an excavation to just above the optical drive.
For connections one hides the mini USB 2.0 port and video output, while the latter houses the battery and memory card. This room has its sealing in the presence of a rubber gasket, which has proved very effective during underwater test .
Display and menu
The machine is characterized by a rounded shape and without any element of rubber that increases grip, which is why you need to do some attention to handle, especially with wet hands with all the buttons easily accessible and intelligently arranged.
Noise and ISO
Canon PowerShot camera, the D10 uses a 4:3 image sensor size of 1 / 2, 3 ", a size much smaller than those used in the ordinary reflex, even low-end. The tests results provided steady trend of spatial resolution between 100 and 400 ISO with a value of 1884 LW / PH. This is why camera offers the best quality but not good with further ISO. So best for values between ISO 80 and 400
- Sensor : size 1/2.3 "CCD, 12.1 million pixels
- Image pixels : 4000 x 3000, 3264 x 2448, 2592 x 1944, 1600 x 1200, 640 x 480, 320 x 140 4000 x 2248
- Format movies : 640 x 480 pixels @ 30fps (L) and 320 x 240 pixels @ 30fps [M]
- File Formats :
- images: – JPEG (Exif v2.2) DPOF 1.1 and
- video and audio: MOV H.264 + Linear PCM (Monaural) and WAVE
- 35 – 105mm (compared to 35mm format)
- 3x optical zoom, 4x digital
- Brightness from F2.8 to 4.9
- Stabilizer : Yes, Lens Shift type. Official name IS Canon, Image Stabilizer
- AF mode:
- AIAF Face Detection / 9-point
- Single-point AF
- Minimum distance of Focus : 3 cm
- evaluative (linked to the Face Detection AF)
- weighted at the center
- ISO sensitivity : Auto, ISO 80, ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 800, ISO 1600
- Compensation exposure: + / – 2EV in increments of 1 / 3 stop
- Shutter Speed: from 15 seconds to 1 / 1500 second
- mode option : Auto, preset scenes, movies (Movie)
- Balance white :
- Auto (with Face Detection WB special)
- Fluorescent H
- Self-timing : 2 or 10 seconds, or Custom Face Self Timer
- Shots per second : About 1.1
- Flash :
- Auto, Manual Flash On / Off, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync
- Compensation Face Detection FE
- Block Flash exposure
- Range: 30cm – 3.2m (W) / 2m (T)
- External, HF-DC1 flash (optional)
- LCD monitor : 2.5 "TFT, 230,000 pixels, adjustable horizontal or vertical way sw
- Connectivity :
- Hi-Speed USB
- AV out (PAL / NTSC switchable)
- Storage : SD, SDHC, MMC, MMCplus, HC MMCplus
- Battery : Li-ion NB-6L, rechargeable
- weight without battery : 190 grams
- Dimensions : 104 x 67 x 49 mm
The shots made by different people underwater can differ more as the amount of water in between camera and subject changes. The use of the camera is clearly dedicated to underwater photography. This model can reach depths of 10 meters without any problem. The greater the pressure exerted on the appliance will be the more maintenance . Overall best product for under water photography you can pick this camera for that reason without any doubt.
- Case shockproof and waterproof to 10 m
- Housing generally reactive
- Screen Quality
- Video quality
- Design friendly and flexible
- No wide-angle
- Device too complex for recreational use
- Management of electronic noise improvement
- Getting a little delicate hands
- No HD mode shooting