Network Scanner is an IP scanner for scanning both large corporate networks with hundred thousands of computers and small home networks with several computers. The program can scan both a list of IP addresses or computers and ranges of IP addresses. The number of computers and subnets is not limited.
Network Scanner will show you all resources, including system and hidden NetBIOS resources and FTP and web resources. Not only network administrators can use Network Scanner to audit network computers, but also regular users can use it to search for available network resources.
Network Scanner will not only find network computers and resources, but also check access rights to them (read/write). You can mount the found resources as a network drive or you can open them in Explorer or in your browser.
You can export the results of scanning the network to an XML,HTML or text file or you can store them in the program.
- Easy to use. Even an inexperienced user will be able to scan the network with just several mouse clicks.
- Good performance. The program uses multi-threaded scanning. The network scan rate achieves thousands of computers per minute.
- Scalability. You can scan either several computers from the list or whole subnets the number of which in the list is not limited.
- Customizable computer status check. The program checks if the computer is on/off not only with a ping, but also with a connection to the ports specified by the user.
- Retrieving the NetBIOS or domain computer name (defined by the user).
- You will see all available computer resources. Not only getting NetBIOS resources, but also scanning for FTP and web servers.
- Network resource audit. The program will check access rights to resources (read/write) both for the current user and for any specified user.
- Available to all users. No administrator privileges are required for scanning.
- Exporting the scan results. You can export them to html, txt or xml.