A tool for recovering information from corrupted Microsoft Exchange Server data files.
Exchange Server Recovery Toolbox is a tool for recovering data from corrupted and unreadable Exchange Server files. The program supports recovery from 2 versions of files: Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2007. Exchange Server 2003 uses 2 types of files to store data: .edb and .stm, while Exchange Server 2007 uses only files with the .edb extension. The interface of the program is a simple step-by-step wizard allowing you to control various recovery parameters and also to get back to any previous step to make the necessary changes. Being uniquely simple and easy-to use, Exchange Server Recovery Toolbox can be used by practically any user – no special knowledge or training are required to successfully recover data.
Microsoft Exchange Server is a very widely used and functional solution as a mail server and for organizing teamwork in large and the medium businesses. Although this software is basically used to exchange e-mail messages, it is also possible to use it to process data by multiple users and store shared information. Microsoft Exchange Server is being constantly updated with new features answering the modern needs of handling business.
Microsoft Exchange Server is well integrated with other Microsoft products, for example, Microsoft Outlook. However, software reliability is a bottleneck for many reasons – from defects during manufacturing to incidents related to voltage surges, physical damages or incorrect user actions, which may result in losing data important for company or users. Actually, lost information costs more than a fused hard drive or motherboard that is quite easy to replace. But sometimes the corrupted structure of a file can be read and it is possible to recover data with the help of specialized tools.
Instructions to recover corrupted data:
- Select the Exchange Server version: Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2007.
- Enter the name of the corrupted .edb files for Exchange Server 2007 or corrupted .edb and .stm files for Exchange Server 2003.
- Start the process of analyzing the source data.
- Select the data to be saved to the disk. Just select the checkbox of the folder you want to save. You can select the Select All item and all data will be saved to the disk.
- Select the location on the disk to save the recovered data to as .pst files for Microsoft Outlook.
- Start saving the data to the disk.
You can look through the recovery statistics on the last page of the wizard after the data is saved to the disk.