Recover Files is an award winning program that can undelete / recover deleted files after they have been deleted. It is a professional file recovery software that allows it’s user to recover accidentally deleted files. Even files removed from the Recycle Bin, network drive, compact flash card, portable drives, in a DOS window, or from Windows Explorer with the SHIFT key held down.
The interface Recover Files is geared up with is very nice and easy to handle. In the right panel, there is the Drives tree. The user can change the view to file types (MP3, PDF, RTF, RAR, ZIP, XML, PNG, etc.) or to folders. In the left, there will be displayed all the files Recover Files was able to detect. For not hyping yourself up, the software will inform you of the state of the files it has detected. This way, you will know that if the status reads "Very Good" then there still is a chance of recovering that file. "Overwritten" status means that the respective file is either corrupted or cannot be recovered. Additional information tell you about the size of the file, format, path, date of its creation and modification.
The software is capable of recovering entire folders and preserve the structure, this way you can retrieve the files in the exact order they were stored (in the case of a directory with sub-folders). The filter Recover Files features allows the users to perform a search for certain files instead of scanning the entire volume. The effects of this type of scan are faster search and recovery of the file (provided the file has not been overwritten). The options available in the Filter box include providing the application with the entire or part of the name of the file you want to recover, as well as the modification date interval and the size range. Once you set the filter, the scan will take into consideration only these settings and look for your file.
Recover Files is a small, fast, useful, practical and powerful. It has a clean, simple interface. It will work with Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7 operating systems. It can be used to recover deleted files from all NTFS and FAT partitions.
- Recovers files deleted bypassing Recycle Bin.
- Recovers files deleted even after you have emptied the Recycle Bin.
- Recovers files deleted accidentally from a network share.
- Recovers files deleted from the DOS command prompt.
- Recovers files deleted when you press Shift+Delete on the keyboard.
- Recovers files deleted when you use Move or Cut command.
- Recovers files deleted in other applications or by viruses.
- Works even if you installed Recover Files after the file was deleted
- Recovers files from Hard drives
- Recovers files from Floppy disks
- Recovers files from CompactFlash, SmartMedia, MultiMedia and Secure Digital cards
- Recovers files from External USB Disk Drives
- Recovers files from Flash drives/Flash Memory
- Recovers files from Zip disks, Jaz disks
- Supports FAT16, FAT32, NTFS and NTFS 5 file systems.
- Works on Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 95, 98, ME and Windows NT 4
- Performs non-destructive and read-only scan and file recovery.
- Displays file name, type, size, date, and more.
- Restores original create and modified file dates.
- Supports unicode and non-alphabet languages.
- Filters files by name, extension, folder and file type.