The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files.
With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
- All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
- It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to install just those components that you really want.
- The customization abilities even go beyond the component level. Some components are able to handle multiple formats. You can specify exactly which components should handle which formats. The pack can thus be fully tweaked to your own specific needs and preferences.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
- It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
- It does not contain any bad, buggy or unstable codecs.
New in version 6.8.0:
- Updated Media Player Classic Home Cinema to version 184.108.40.20645
- Updated ffdshow to revision 3732
- Updated madFLAC to version 1.10
- Added MPEG audio splitter. Useful on Windows 7 when the MS MP3 DMO decoder is disabled with Win7DSFilterTweaker
- Updated Win7DSFilterTweaker to version 4.0
- Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.39
- Updated Media Player Classic Home Cinema to 1.3.1301.0
- Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to 220.127.116.113
- Updated MediaInfo Lite to 0.7.23
- Updated the Codec Tweak Tool to 4.0.0
- Added file association options for The KMPlayer
- Minor changes and improvements