You can learn how to integrate our online manual with various tools, including your web browser, on our quick reference tips page. You can also get more information about php.net URL shortcuts by visiting our URL howto page. Many languages are just under translation, and the untranslated parts are still in English. Also some translated parts might be outdated. The translation teams are open to contributions. PHP/FI started to get a lot of users, but things didn`t start flying until Zeev Suraski and Andi Gutmans suddenly came along with a new parser in the summer of 1997, leading to PHP 3.0. PHP 3.0 defined the syntax and semantics used in both versions 3 and 4.
Security Enhancements and Fixes:
· Improved LCG entropy. (Rasmus, Samy Kamkar)
· Fixed safe_mode validation inside tempnam() when the directory path does not end with a /). (Martin Jansen)
· Fixed a possible open_basedir/safe_mode bypass in the session extension identified by Grzegorz Stachowiak. (Ilia)
Key Bug Fixes:
· Added support for SHA-256 and SHA-512 to php's crypt.
· Added protection for $_SESSION from interrupt corruption and improved "session.save_path" check.
· Fixed bug #51059 (crypt crashes when invalid salt are given).
· Fixed bug #50940 Custom content-length set incorrectly in Apache sapis.
· Fixed bug #50847 (strip_tags() removes all tags greater then 1023 bytes long).
· Fixed bug #50723 (Bug in garbage collector causes crash).
· Fixed bug #50661 (DOMDocument::loadXML does not allow UTF-16).
· Fixed bug #50632 (filter_input() does not return default value if the variable does not exist).
· Fixed bug #50540 (Crash while running ldap_next_reference test cases).
· Fixed bug #49851 (http wrapper breaks on 1024 char long headers).
· Over 60 other bug fixes.