The IDAutomation DataMatrix Barcode Font & Encoder is a collection of components that generate ECC200 Data Matrix barcode symbols with fonts and graphics.
DataMatrix is a popular, area efficient 2D (two-dimensional) barcode symbology similar to Aztec and QR Code capable of encoding large amounts of data. The data encoded may include letters, numbers, text and actual bytes of data, including extended characters, unicode characters and small photos. IDAutomation recommends limiting the data encoded in each symbol to 800 characters or less because it can often be difficult to decode large symbols.
The encoding and decoding process of DataMatrix is very complex. To print DataMatrix barcodes as a font, the data will need to be formatted with the IDAutomation DataMatrix encoder. The encoder will return a character string that, when combined with the Data Matrix Font, will create a proper barcode symbol. For example, by sending the text of "IDAUTOMATION DataMatrix Font and Encoder" to the encoder, it returns the string of characters. These characters will create the correct symbol when the font is applied.
- Generate 2D Data Matrix ECC200 barcode symbols from a font.
- Compatible with many operating systems and development environments.
- Easily integrates with Crystal Reports, Access, Word, VB, .NET and Java.
- Uses IDAutomation Vertical Interleaved Technology™ for improved performance over competing solutions.
- Royalty-free, perpetual use Developer Licenses are available.
- Compatible with the IDAutomation Universal 2D Barcode Font, which creates several barcode types from a single font.
- Many different DataMatrix barcode font encoders and graphic encoders are available in a single package.
- Includes Signed ActiveX Control with CAB file, and optional ASP.NET Web Control, .NET Forms Control DLL and Java Library for compatibility with many applications and operating systems including Macintosh, Linux and Unix.
- The mature code base used in this product has been in use since 2001.