Unreal Development Kit (UDK) is a free edition of Unreal Engine 3 that
provides community access to the award-winning toolset like never
before. This software release is available to anyone interested in
using 3D game engine technology, including game developers, students,
hobbyists, researchers, creators of 3D visualizations and simulations,
and digital filmmakers. Anyone can start working with the
industry-leading Unreal Engine 3 toolset by downloading UDK.
- Shader compiler no longer crashes when the log is not writable.
- Game/editor will run without having to first check for existing script files.
- Windows XP: Emissive lights causing purple lighting have been fixed.
- Windows 7: Added new SpeedTree binaries to address OS-specific issue.
- Added check to confirm GPU meets minimum requirements.
- Implemented fix for some SpeedTree trees causing crashes.
- Added fix for invalid characters being allowed in journal files causing database corruption.
- Incorporated fix for making a game in non-English and then running it on another non-English machine.
- If a prerequisite fails to install, the install will still continue and warn at the end.
- Enhanced the check for a valid install path.
- If the installer is skipped, the EULA comes up once.
- Fixed CZE install not finding the EULA.
- Fixed problem if temp install folders were deleted between install and uninstall.
- Fixed problem if maps were named in non-ASCII characters.
- The Unreal Editor toolset, complete with fully integrated game editing environment.
- Unreal Gemini
multithreaded rendering system with support for all modern rendering
and shading techniques, advanced lighting and shadowing, ambient
occlusion and a powerful material system for creating complex shaders
on the fly.
- Unreal Lightmass global illumination solver for high-quality static lighting.
- Unreal PhAT visual physics modeling tool with state-of-the-art physics system powered by NVIDIA PhysX.
- Unreal Kismet, an advanced visual scripting solution that facilitates rapid prototyping of ideas and gameplay mechanics.
- AnimSet Viewer and AnimTree Editor, which give animators precise control over every muscle and bone movement.
- Unreal Matinee, which includes movie director-class tools for creating in-game cut scenes and gorgeous cinematics.
- UnrealScript, a fully integrated, high-level object-oriented programming language.
- Unreal Cascade
particle effects system for implementing explosions, fog, fire and
smoke. Module-based system gives real-time previews of visual effects.
- Terrain building tool for placing and customizing vegetation, structures and countless in-game points of interest.
- Audio control through UnrealEd’s visual Sound Cue Editor,
plus support for major audio compression schemes; 3D sound positioning,
spatialization and attenuation; multi-channel playback, and much more.
Built-in Internet and LAN networking support for up to 64 players.
- Integrations with leading game development middleware including NVIDIA PhysX, SpeedTree, FaceFX and Bink Video.
- Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
- 2.0+ GHz processor
- 2 GB system RAM
- SM3-compatible video card
- 3 GB Free hard drive space
Recommended for Content Development:
- Windows Vista 64 SP2
- 2.0+ GHz multi-core processor
- 8 GB System RAM
- NVIDIA 8000 series or higher graphics card
- Plenty of HDD space