WavePad audio editing software is a sound editor program for Windows, Mac OS X and Pocket PC. This audio editing software lets you make and edit music, voice and other audio recordings. When editing audio you can cut, copy and paste parts of recordings and, if required, add effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction. WavePad is a wav editor and MP3 editor, and supports a number of other file formats including vox, gsm, Real Audio, au, aif, flac, ogg and more. WavePad is designed to be a very easy and intuitive to use audio editing package. Within minutes you will be able to open or record a file and edit it. But if you take time to explore the other features you will find many powerful tools designed with the professional sound engineer in mind.
Features of WavePad
- Supports a number of file formats including wav (multiple codecs), mp3, vox, gsm, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg and many more.
- Sound editing functions include cut, copy, caste, delete, insert, silence, autotrim and more.
- Audio effects include, amplify, normalize, equaliser, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse, sample rate conversion and more.
- Tools include spectral analysis (FFT) and speech synthesis.
- Audio restoration features including noise reduction and click pop removal.
- Supports sample rates from 6000 to 96000Hz, stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24 or 32 bits.
- Ability to work with multiple files at the same time in seperate screens.
- Includes its own CD ripper with ‘ultrafast ‘rip mode and cddb music database lookup.
- Links directly to the Express Burn CD Recorder to burn your sound files to CD.
- Recorder supports autotrim and voice activated recording.
- Easy to use interface will get you started running.
- Works on Windows XP 2000/2003/Vista/2008
- For earlier Windows versions (98, ME) please click here
- Mac OS X 10.2 or later;
- Pocket PC 2003, Smartphone 2003 (Windows CE 4), Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC / Smartphone, Windows Mobile 6
- To run under Linux use WINE.