Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client (mailer, MUA).
Sylpheed runs on Unix-like systems such as Linux, BSD, and Mac OS X. It also supports Windows.
Sylpheed uses GTK+ GUI toolkit. The newest version of Sylpheed works with GTK+ 2.4 or later (2.6 or later is recommended).
Sylpheed is a free software distributed under the
(the library part is GNU LGPL).
You can freely use, modify and redistribute it under the license.
- The feature to customize the color label text was added.
- The option to set only mail address of recipients when replying was added.
- When messages are added to IMAP folders, received-date information is also set using Date header (mainly for Gmail).
- The configure option '--disable-updatecheck' which disables the update check feature was added.
- The configure option '--enable-silent-rules' is enabled if automake is equal or greater than 1.11.
- A workaround for crash caused by enchant with zemberek was added (requires dbus-glib-1 if enchant is equal or greater than 1.4.2).
- The bug that caused freeze when remote IPC commands were executed.
- The bug that IMAP caches with UIDs larger than INT_MAX were never deleted was fixed.