LockXLS adds copy protection features to your Excel workbook. It makes formulas and VBA code unavailable to customer, adds various registration options – generates hardware based Computer Code, creates Activation Code to unlock workbook on customer’s PC, customize the messages shown to customer during registration. Locked workbook may have a trial period and splash screen. Also it will be converted to an application, which does not have any external dependencies and could be easily distributed.
You should not write a code which creates hardware dependent Computer Codes, registration interface and other features needed for distribution. All of them are provided to LockXLS, you should only select needed options in the project and enter your own messages.
LockXLS encrypts all formulas and VBA Code in the Excel document. This document can be opened only by LockXLS Runtime and only if registration checking was successfully passed.
LockXLS Runtime Module blocks access to formulas and VBA code in the locked file. User cannot get access to formulas in locked file, because all possible ways are blocked by LockXLS. All data is encrypted and decrypted on-the-fly only when it is needed. LockXLS does not create temporary files from which user can extract information.
All Excel’s features are supported in locked file. You need not redesign your file or change macros. Our primary goal is to make locked file work in same way as usual Excel documents.
- Your spreadsheet is protected with a:
- Hardware based Activation Code (the workbook is locked to specific PC)
- An Activation Code, bound to USB flash drive. This allows you to control how many copied are launched on customer’s PCs.
- Serial Number
- Trial period
- Create setup package to deploy your product to customers.
- Create rental files using LockXLS. The hardware based Activation Code will unlock the spreadsheet only for a specified period of time.
- Limit evaluation and license by count of openings of a protected document.
- Lock linked workbooks. Linked files can be converted to applications or to locked Excel documents. In both cases locked applications work as usual Excel documents.
- Locked spreadsheet can be used in the Microsoft® Sharepoint®.
- On-line activation. LockXLS setup includes keygen applications for Linux and Windows, which could be used on your website. Also you can provide a URL for on-line activation.
- Spreadsheet can be converted to:
- Application – does not require any additional files for distribution
- Protected Excel document – requires LockXLS Runtime to be installed on customer’s PC
- Formulas and VBA code are unavailable to user. Customer will not be able to view and analyze the logic of your workbook.
- Formulas and VBA code are inaccessible through COM Object Model. User cannot write a VBA code to retrieve your formulas or macros.
- Protect workbooks from hackers cracking your VBA passwords and sheet passwords.
- Protect Excel AddIns (.xla, .xlam) in same way as other Excel documents.
- Disable printing in Excel.
- Add your own End-User License Agreement with Accept and Decline buttons to protected file.
- Add your own Splash screen with your custom image.
- Add you own Help file to locked application.
- Customize the activation messages shown when user opens locked workbook.
- Use your own custom icon to open the applications, created from Microsoft Excel documents.
- Customer works with protected files in same way as with usual Excel documents.
- Time synchronization with Internet Time Servers. Customer will be unable to rollback time and "extend" his evaluation.
- Data in spreadsheet is encrypted with a secure 128-bit algorithm.
- Data on hidden sheets cannot be accessed from an external application.
- There are no limitations to the workbooks, which can be protected. All features of Microsoft Excel are supported by LockXLS.
- Protected spreadsheet model will be as fast as the original model.
- LockXLS has very simple interface and will be easy to use.
- Product is easy to install and uninstall.