DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect / Advanced Direct Connect network.
Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ is a client for the Direct Connect file sharing network. The Direct Connect network is a decentralized network, made up of individual servers (hubs) that users join to share files with other members on that hub. Each hub is individually run by a fellow user of the Direct Connect network, and may have certain themes to the content on the hub. Hub owners set up rules to regulate their hub as they see fit.
- No ads, spyware, or bundled software that you don’t need
- Open source software, code freely available under the GNU GPL
- Joins multiple hubs at the same time
- List of bookmark-like favorite hubs and users
- Shares large files and many files per your organization scheme
- Tiger Tree Hashes
(TTH) used for file integrity
- Search across all (or selected) connected hub by type, size, or
- Resume of downloads, with optional search for alternate sources
- Logging options and configuration for chat, private messages,
downloads, and uploads
- Autoconfiguration of UPnP
link support for linking to specific content
- Automatic and manual download priorities
- Saving of user’s file lists for browsing and queueing
- Translation into other languages by custom supplied gettext po language