etico Personal Firewall software protects computers against hackers and malicious software when networked or connected to the Internet. It offers detailed, configurable event logs, reports, plus the option to view and edit the firewall configuration. The modular architecture is as open as possible to assist with easier evaluation of the security.
Three Layers of Protection:
- Low-level. (Network packet filter). This checks the validity of network packets and parameters such as source and destination addresses, protocol, etc. Using this process, Jetico Personal Firewall can make your computer invisible to untrusted networks. By selecting the Optimal Protection Policy, your computer becomes "stealthy". Any security probing tests (for example, ShieldsUp! tests) by internet hackers will report that your computer does not exist.
- Application-level. (Network events filter). This checks and enables you to monitor network/internet connection requests made by applications. If you aren’t sure why an application wishes to send or receive data from the Internet you can limit or block the activity.
- User-level. (Process activity filter). This notifies you of and prevents dirty tricks by Trojans and other malicious programs. A Trojan can inject its own code into programs on your computer and send data about you to a third party. For example, a Trojan in Internet Explorer could transmit details of your browsing preferences.
- Monitor running applications that access the network
- Monitor selected/all network packets as well as selected network events
- Choose a pre-defined Security Policy — the firewall rule set
- Modify Security Policy to meet your needs
- Make your own Security Policy