If you use online banking, buy things online, send and receive emails or just browse the internet then you’re open to serious threats that your Antivirus Software just wasn’t designed to stop. That’s where Online Armor’s Personal Firewall comes in.
- Easy to use :You do not need a computer science degree to use Online Armor. The setup process is straightforward, and configuration is a one-time event and part of the initial installation process.
- Light on Pop-ups: Online Armor’s aim is not to annoy you with too many messages and when it does give you a message, there are clear options given on how to respond.
- Doesn’t slow down your PC: Online Armor does not slow down your PC.
- Personal Firewall: Online Armor’s new personal firewall provides awesome protection from inbound threats and complete control of data leaving your computer for the internet.
- Online Banking Protection: Never worry about banking online again. Online Armor’s Banking mode is a standout feature that locks down your session while you are doing your banking online.
- Identity Theft Protection: Probably the number one threat online; identity theft ruins lives. Online Armor protects you from phishing and keylogging techniques that these criminals use.
- Safe Browsing :This allows you to lock down your online browsing sessions and protect yourself from malicious websites installing nasties on your machine.
- Prevent Spyware: Program Guard gives you control over which programs are allowed to run on your computer. Known safe programs don’t harass you with popups, and dangerous programs will give a red warning popup so you can prevent them from running.
- Remove Spyware: If spyware gets onto your computer – perhaps because you have accidentally allowed it, Online Armor will allow you to remove it. Unwanted extensions to Internet Explorer can be removed with a mouse-click. Unwanted programs can be blocked via Program Guard, or removed completely.
- DNS Checker: This stops programs from manipulating your Windows settings to misdirect you to fake sites.
- Hosts Checker: Similar to the DNS Check, Online Armor checks your HOSTS file and alerts you if anything changes. The hosts file can also be used to make your web browser visit sites other than the one you intended.
- Autoruns Management :Allows you to control which programs start automatically with your computer. This can be used to help defeat spyware (it must start sometime) as well as optimize your computer’s performance.
- Tamper Protection :Malicious programs are getting tougher and tougher and often attack other programs (including security programs) to do their nasty deeds. Online Armor’s Program Guard guards not only itself against tampering, but protection other programs from malicious code.
- Keylogger Detection: Online Armor protects your passwords and private information from being stolen by blocking the keylogger as it tries to activate. Online Armor’s behaviour detection ensures that even specially created or new keyloggers are detected and prevented.
- Mail Shield: "Phishing" is the name of a scam which uses fake emails and websites to trick users into disclosing personal information. Online Armor checks inbound mail for tricks used by scammers and, depending on the certainty it will warn you or remove the email. The mail filter works with any email client that supports POP3 or IMAP, including Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, The Bat!, Incredimail, Eudora and others.
- Web Shield: Many websites use tricks to install dangerous software on your computer. The type of software can range from the irritating display of popup advertising, through to software designed to steal information or defraud you.