Outpost’s Host Protection module monitors how programs interact to protect your system against high-level security breaches and has passed all well-known leaktests to prevent unauthorized transmission of information from your PC. The two-way firewall stops inappropriate or malicious access to your computer from both internal (LAN) and external (Internet) sources. As a frontline defense, it prevents malware from spreading or “phoning home”, providing protection against hackers, loss of personal data, unknown malware, and unauthorized program activity.
The lightweight, highly-effective scanning engine combines award-winning anti-virus and anti-spyware to detect, disinfect or remove malicious programs automatically. The on-access monitor is constantly on guard against malware attempting to enter or activate on your PC, and the on-demand scanner will inoculate dormant threats in specified locations.
The antispam module will keep your inbox free of junk. You can train it to recognize and use your personal definition of spam, so it becomes more efficient and an even greater time saver the longer you use it. The versatile Web Control module safeguards you against the Internet’s darker side. It steers you away from websites infected with drive-by downloads, prevents the inadvertent disclosure of personal information, limits your exposure to potentially unsafe web properties, and keeps your identity private.
Outpost cannot be deactivated by targeted attacks, ensuring continuity of protection. No matter what you do on an Outpost-protected computer, it will always feel like it’s brand new because the program uses so few system resources. The key engine has been optimized to deliver revolutionary speed efficiency, so you can focus on using your computer productively, not worrying about security issues.
Whether you’re a security novice or expert, you can easily configure Outpost Security Suite 2009 to meet your needs. Thanks to automated and context-sensitive help, the software can learn how to handle firewall alerts and more efficiently adjust to them, so you can focus on what you want to do, and leave the security to Outpost!
- Protection from spam : Outpost Security Suite Pro’s Bayesian anti-spam engine will keep your inbox free of junk email. You can train it to recognize and use your personal definition of spam, so it becomes more efficient and an even greater time saver the longer you use it.
- Unsafe web site access restriction : Outpost can optionally alert and block access to potentially malicious or unwanted web sites based on a predefined list of URLs. This filtering ensures you won’t become a victim of inadvertent drive-by malware infection or phishing attacks that are looking to steal your passwords, login information and other sensitive data. The list of blocked sites is updated via the automatic updates and can be editedto reflect your preferences.
- IP Blocklist keeps surfing clean : Based on the BlockPost plug-in in earlier Outpost versions, the integrated IP Blocklist lets users restrict access to specified Internet domains. A valuable tool for both sensitive individuals and concerned parents, IP Blocklist will deny incoming/outgoing connectivity to ill-intent Internet zones, such as those distributing spyware or delivering obnoxious ads and graphics spam. The blocked entries can either be manually defined or imported as an aggregated list from community-maintained sources.
- Safe repository for personal data : Any confidential information – for example, bank account numbers and passwords – that you define using ID Block is blocked from leaving the confines of your PC through communication channels such as IM, web or email. ID Block protects you against identity theft and phishing attacks that target personal, confidential information. Plus, it ensures that no-one else – including other members of your household – can accidentally or deliberately disclose this information on the web.
- Ad-free, anonymous surfing : By managing cookies and external referral URLs, Outpost lets you maintain a high level of privacy when visiting shopping, entertainment or news sites while at the same time allowing trusted sites to collect only the information needed to personalize pages for you. Additionally, Outpost Security Suite Pro lets you limit the elements displayed on web pages, providing cleaner and faster browsing. You can also define the sites that are permitted (or not permitted) to display images, rotate advertising banners, execute external code such as ActiveX or Java scripts, or deliver pop-ups. The latest version of Outpost ensures compatibility with even the most complex and sophisticated websites, delivering smooth performance and heightened online safety.
- And much more..