ezQuake Client for QuakeWorld — the fastest first person shooter action game ever.
Combining the features of all modern QuakeWorld clients, ezQuake makes QuakeWorld easier to start and play. The immortal first person shooter Quake in the brand new skin with superb graphics and extremely fast gameplay.
The project started in August 2004 as a derivate of the FuhQuake client by fuh which is a derivate of ZQuake QuakeWorld client by Tonik, one of the current ezQuake developers.
Finally, ZQuake is a derivate of QuakeWorld client made by id Software. This company has created the Quake game itself and later on released the source codes of game executables under GNU General Public License.
Because id Software didn’t release the whole game for free to the public you still need some of the original files from Quake to play QuakeWorld using our client.
At the moment the project is maintained by developers from all around the world (see Credits) who are usually current or recent students of computer science and of course active players of the game.
- Modern graphics
- QuakeTV support
- Rich Menus
- Multiview support
- Tons of features to serve latest pro-gaming needs
- Inbuilt Server Browser & MP3 player control
- Recorded Games Browser
- Customization of all possible graphics elements of the game including Head Up Display
- All sorts of scripting possibilities
- MAC OS X and FreeBSD platforms supported. Software version for computers without 3D graphics accelerators.