Secure FTP is a Java-based FTPS client application that allows for a 256-bit AES encrypted secure connection to be made to a server that supports FTP over SSL (or FTPS). The application can be run via its graphical user interface (GUI) or from the command-line interface (CLI), allowing for headless (scriptable) operation. This makes Secure FTP a great option for both novice and advanced users.
The client is both RFC 2228 and RFC 4217 compliant and offers both types of SSL connection options: explicit and implicit, which means more server compatibility.
Secure FTP is free to use for noncommercial use. Those wishing to use the client for commercial purposes are granted a license free of charge for 30 days. Currently available in English, Japanese, Russian, French, German, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Fully TLS/SSL compliant
- Supports strong 256-bit AES encryption
- Supports both explicit and implicit SSL connections
- Encryption on both command and data channels
- Simple and clean design
- Works with most FTPS compliant servers
- Command-line scripting
- Supports Mode Z compression
- Fully cross-platform client
- Support for SOCKS proxy
- Supports Clear Command Channel (CCC)
- Works with personal SSL certificates
- Option for global bookmarks
- Multi-lingual user interface